View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 06:47 AM   #102
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/18 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings for Me View Post
wow, i dont know if it was the srooms kickin in around jambi, or the home grown that i smoked through out the show, but that might have been the best tool show yet, yeah maynard was sick, but i dont think he skipped a beat. the lasers turned my mind into sludge and wings might just be the best tool song ever preformed. i cant tell you how many times ive seen them now but its the first since they played the fox in detroit and nothing compared to this one. it was the best hands down. isis was whatever, if your gonna bitch about them then get fucked, they're an opening band, what did you want? bitch bitch bitch, i would love you guys to bitch to the band, like they give a fuck. you gotta go to tool with an open mind and no expectations, then you never leave unhappy. the stage was insane, im completely floored right now. i can only hope that the detroit and cleveland shows are equally amazing. to resond to some "TOOL FANS", why would they play anything from undertow? what tour do you think this is? that shit came out over 10 years ago, where were you then? maynard with the mohawk/mullet, yeah i bet you were still listening to bush and weezer. theres tool, then theres everyone else, remember that
you are exactly right...some of these people just have waaaaaaaay to high of expectations. this show was absolutely brilliant. i heard this one asshole say "they didn't play sober" with a dissapointing look on his face. its weird that he and i had such total opposite reactions to the show. as much as i would have loved to hear stuff from undertow and opiate, whats the big deal? bands evolve and if we can't evolve as fans we might as well just listen to pop music. the overall show these gentlemen put on is hard to describe in words. having seen them twice before on the floor, i'm glad i was in the stands for this one. from where we were the sound was great, you could see the entire band, and the visuals were great. why are lasers cheesy? when you pay the amount we all paid we should get more than just music, which is what we got. squeegee your third eye. i kept thinking to myself while hearing music from aenema "god, i can't believe this stuff came out 10 years ago". maynard reminded me of a clutch quarterback playing through injuries. knowing he'd probably be damaged i nthe future, he gave us everything he had and for that i will always give him respect. i always knew adam jones was good but not having a view of him in my previous two concerts, i had no idea he was that good. goosebumps the entire time. also one last note:
quit making a big deal of cigarette and pot smoking. i'd rather be attending a concert where people were chillin, smoking weed, than a bunch of idiots getting drunk and obnoxious. and smoking cigs? are you part of the truth campaign or something?
OFFLINE |