View Single Post
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-23-2006, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuleOfThree
Because there is a difference between news and products. Rumors about news and bands leak. But Tool is also a product, part of an industry, and there is a machine that they have to cater to in order to get a record nationally promoted and distributed. Logic has to play a role in these occurances.
Really? It seems to me when the news gets out how we've all been mind fucked, that would be the largest promotion vehicle to date. I'm just saying, if there is a band out there capable (and worthy) to test the limits of the system, it would be Tool. This is supposed to be their "political" album right? We have been instructed to question authority right? Authority is systematic right? Amazon is a system right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm the farthest thing from any political party, but I think its just funny how all these teenage angst ridden fanboys are all "yeah fuck the goverment! Let's watch it topple! Don't believe any thing they say!," but when it comes to question amazon or how they get their imported / manufactured things (ie- the fabric of their material reality), they're like "NO, no, that would NEVER break norm and be misconstrued or manipulated."

It's just conditional and crap. I would rather be a cynic, a skeptic, and a visionary, then a blind and accepting fawn. (or fool).
Old 03-23-2006, 10:08 AM   #30
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15
Re: Alex Grey Confirms Album Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuleOfThree
Because there is a difference between news and products. Rumors about news and bands leak. But Tool is also a product, part of an industry, and there is a machine that they have to cater to in order to get a record nationally promoted and distributed. Logic has to play a role in these occurances.
Really? It seems to me when the news gets out how we've all been mind fucked, that would be the largest promotion vehicle to date. I'm just saying, if there is a band out there capable (and worthy) to test the limits of the system, it would be Tool. This is supposed to be their "political" album right? We have been instructed to question authority right? Authority is systematic right? Amazon is a system right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm the farthest thing from any political party, but I think its just funny how all these teenage angst ridden fanboys are all "yeah fuck the goverment! Let's watch it topple! Don't believe any thing they say!," but when it comes to question amazon or how they get their imported / manufactured things (ie- the fabric of their material reality), they're like "NO, no, that would NEVER break norm and be misconstrued or manipulated."

It's just conditional and crap. I would rather be a cynic, a skeptic, and a visionary, then a blind and accepting fawn. (or fool).
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote