View Single Post
TheRuleOfThree's Avatar TheRuleOfThree
03-23-2006, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknocker
well did he say cover or are we just assuming that's what it is? ::shrug:: i'm just throwing that idea out...ie it could be a part of the liner notes, or art for a single, etc.

i mean...has anyone actually said either way that the one piece of artwork shown is the cover, specifically?
No. All I know is that apparently Alex included the image in his newsletter and something along the lines of "This is artwork that I did for the new Tool record, blah blah blah." I have no idea whether or not it's the cover, although my gut tells me that it is a layer or part of the larger presentation. It is clearly "representative" of the album cover itself, which is why it's being used.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:17 AM   #12
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 23
Re: Alex Grey Confirms Album Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknocker
well did he say cover or are we just assuming that's what it is? ::shrug:: i'm just throwing that idea out...ie it could be a part of the liner notes, or art for a single, etc.

i mean...has anyone actually said either way that the one piece of artwork shown is the cover, specifically?
No. All I know is that apparently Alex included the image in his newsletter and something along the lines of "This is artwork that I did for the new Tool record, blah blah blah." I have no idea whether or not it's the cover, although my gut tells me that it is a layer or part of the larger presentation. It is clearly "representative" of the album cover itself, which is why it's being used.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote