View Single Post
insaner's Avatar insaner
08-04-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaduh View Post
hmm.

i'm slightly confused to be honest with most of these posts.

compared to every other show since 2006, I don't see how maynard was any different last night?
damn man i meant to hook up with you for this show and charlotte, but my computer died.

anyways, i was on shrooms for this show and since they are an empathetic drug, i felt what these people are saying for the first time. i always defend tool and have no problem with setlists changing and all that shit, but maynard really seemed to be phoning it in this time. it just felt sad to me, that was the emotion i was feeling. i was high, but ive seen tool like 50 times now and this was the first time i ever got that kind of energy from maynard. i was way close to the stage and i could see and feel that he really didnt give a fuck. its almost like the sea of cell phones just ruined it for him after the first couple songs. the energy was really good until then, and he was talking but then he just shut it down. he went through the motions and if i remember correctly he played the rest of the show with his back to the sudience. of course in my state of mind, it made it all alittle worse but kind of like metallica at bonnaroo, he almost seemed like a sad caricature of the old version. a cartoon with a mohawk if you will. alas, tool isnt just maynard and the band got off as always. they made the show great, but as a veteran of shows since the very beginning, im sad to say that i think tool is boring for maynard now. lets hope im wrong.

charlotte was a little better but the same set and same maynard. thnaks to nobby and junior for the hospitality on my drunken state. and my dumbass left my setlist in the hotel room :( no fake songs this time but it did have sound and lighting direction on it with some funny stuff.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #96
On Probation

Bincount™: 15
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaduh View Post
hmm.

i'm slightly confused to be honest with most of these posts.

compared to every other show since 2006, I don't see how maynard was any different last night?
damn man i meant to hook up with you for this show and charlotte, but my computer died.

anyways, i was on shrooms for this show and since they are an empathetic drug, i felt what these people are saying for the first time. i always defend tool and have no problem with setlists changing and all that shit, but maynard really seemed to be phoning it in this time. it just felt sad to me, that was the emotion i was feeling. i was high, but ive seen tool like 50 times now and this was the first time i ever got that kind of energy from maynard. i was way close to the stage and i could see and feel that he really didnt give a fuck. its almost like the sea of cell phones just ruined it for him after the first couple songs. the energy was really good until then, and he was talking but then he just shut it down. he went through the motions and if i remember correctly he played the rest of the show with his back to the sudience. of course in my state of mind, it made it all alittle worse but kind of like metallica at bonnaroo, he almost seemed like a sad caricature of the old version. a cartoon with a mohawk if you will. alas, tool isnt just maynard and the band got off as always. they made the show great, but as a veteran of shows since the very beginning, im sad to say that i think tool is boring for maynard now. lets hope im wrong.

charlotte was a little better but the same set and same maynard. thnaks to nobby and junior for the hospitality on my drunken state. and my dumbass left my setlist in the hotel room :( no fake songs this time but it did have sound and lighting direction on it with some funny stuff.
OFFLINE |