View Single Post
dr funkmaster's Avatar dr funkmaster
08-01-2009, 12:05 AM

My 8th show and the highlights were definitely Rosetta Stoned and Flood. I was about 10 people from the stage on the floor right in front of Maynard. The sound was fantastic (didn't even need earplugs) and the view of the lasers was my favorite yet (4th laser show...very well done Junior). Of course I was hoping for a crazier set like everyone else, but it was nice hearing Aenema for the first time since '02. Before Lateralus, Adam was playing around on the guitar and I thought we were about to get Prison Sex, hah. Still absolutely no complaints though.

The one benefit of the very similar setlist was my friends and I were more loose and just enjoying it all rather than seriously taking it in like the spiritual experience it can often be.

The pit during Lateralus was befuddling but I only took one elbow to the liver while in the wall so it wasn't too bad, hah. I had to break up a fight at one point early in the show and save a few chicks and smaller dudes from the pit so it was a unique evening in that manner, haha. I've gone to enough shows over the years that I know any show in the south with loud music can turn into a mosh pit regardless of how inappropriate it may be for a particular song, so I can't say I was that surprised.

If I hit your car after the show with a frisbee I apologize again...though it seriously only hit the front grill, hah. And if you joined us for beer and shootin' the shit afterwards it was good to meet you. And thanks for sharing some of your brews when we ran out.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:05 AM   #92
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.27.09 - Duluth, GA @ Gwinnett Arena

My 8th show and the highlights were definitely Rosetta Stoned and Flood. I was about 10 people from the stage on the floor right in front of Maynard. The sound was fantastic (didn't even need earplugs) and the view of the lasers was my favorite yet (4th laser show...very well done Junior). Of course I was hoping for a crazier set like everyone else, but it was nice hearing Aenema for the first time since '02. Before Lateralus, Adam was playing around on the guitar and I thought we were about to get Prison Sex, hah. Still absolutely no complaints though.

The one benefit of the very similar setlist was my friends and I were more loose and just enjoying it all rather than seriously taking it in like the spiritual experience it can often be.

The pit during Lateralus was befuddling but I only took one elbow to the liver while in the wall so it wasn't too bad, hah. I had to break up a fight at one point early in the show and save a few chicks and smaller dudes from the pit so it was a unique evening in that manner, haha. I've gone to enough shows over the years that I know any show in the south with loud music can turn into a mosh pit regardless of how inappropriate it may be for a particular song, so I can't say I was that surprised.

If I hit your car after the show with a frisbee I apologize again...though it seriously only hit the front grill, hah. And if you joined us for beer and shootin' the shit afterwards it was good to meet you. And thanks for sharing some of your brews when we ran out.