View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #6788
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200L View Post
Its too bad that Maynard blew his voice out.

I have a lot of Tool bootlegs and unfortunately his voice hasn't been the same since 1998.

It is painfully obvious that even during the Lateralus tours his voice was going (see any versions of H, Reflection, 46 & 2 etc) He couldn't hit any of the high notes, although I have a version of Third Eye from Oklahoma which is ridiculous (he used a loudspeaker for the yelling parts, which was very effective; he should definitely bring that back)

I believe its all his own fault; APC, in my opinion, shouldn't have happened (I think deep down, the rest of the band agrees), although I love the music, the excessive touring definitely killed his voice and on top of that he did far too many shows with Tool as it was.

His screaming did him in, but it was amazing while it lasted.

No complaints here though, they're still my favorite band.

Well at least he can still sing in some regard. 10,000 days tour was good. While he didn't hold the notes out or hit em high, he can still get through it. these songs are fuckin hard to sing. the man is getting old also. but its not all about him. the band will always be tighter than a virgin pussy.
OFFLINE |