View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 02:04 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/02/04 - Perth, AUS - Claremont Showgrounds

I got a lot of video on my phone but they're really bad quality which is what I expected anyway! The anticipation for Tool to start was huge. Some people started chanting and calling out for them to come on stage. When they finally did come out, everyone went nuts. I had to move a bit because the people near me at the very back didn't seem to give a shit that Tool were playing even though they were shoving in front of each other trying to see the band and being general idiots. They continuously talked throughout their set and I had to move. Also, I actually wanted to hear Maynard singing, not the 10 or so drunk people around me who decided that everyone around them should be treated to their slurred speech.

Tool were amazing. They nailed every song and Maynard was spot on. He fumbled the words a couple of times but no one really cared. A few people complained that they couldn't see him because he was standing right at the back but I did't really care. We all got to see him dancing which was made up for the fact that he was practically invisible on stage.

Maynard didn't say anything super awesome or any different from what he's been saying at other aussie shows - thanks for coming, back in november.

The stand out for me was AEnima. I don't know why, I was excited that they played Swamp Song, but they really blasted through AEnima and it was the high light for me.

Some idiot decided to strike up a conversation with me during Tool after I told him they were the only band I really wanted to see. He kept persisting and I got really annoyed and ... to put it nicely... had to tell him to bugger off. He also tried to convince me that Muse are a lot better than Tool. Why would you say that to a Tool fan!? I wonder if any of the psycho Tool fans heard what he said about Muse being a better band than Tool.

Danny is so amazing. I found myself watching his drumming constantly. I've seen videos and such of his drumming, but seeing him do his thing live is such a different thing all together. The whole band is very tight; Adam and Justin were flawless. It was a truly excellent show.
OFFLINE |