View Single Post
kanaduh
06-08-2016, 10:08 AM

some thoughts about VIP:

from a festival perspective, many times the "VIP viewing area" is not "premium" at all. It's often further away, to the side, and not ideal. very rarely is the VIP viewing area in FRONT of the mosh pit close to stage. If it were that only would make VIP worth it to me, not all those other stupid "perks" you get.

Regarding TOOL VIP - the presale for toolarmy is not general admission seats, only for VIP. however from past experience VIP very rarely sells out right away. If you want VIP then just wait until public on sale - you should be OK.

Regarding TOOL VIP - the description does not include a sound check. This was part of VIP when I attended in 2014. I don't recall if soundcheck was included last year for those who went? If they got rid of sound check that would suck. That was my favourite part of the VIP experience, even more than the Q/A session with Adam.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:08 AM   #4215
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
Re: General Tool Discussion

some thoughts about VIP:

from a festival perspective, many times the "VIP viewing area" is not "premium" at all. It's often further away, to the side, and not ideal. very rarely is the VIP viewing area in FRONT of the mosh pit close to stage. If it were that only would make VIP worth it to me, not all those other stupid "perks" you get.

Regarding TOOL VIP - the presale for toolarmy is not general admission seats, only for VIP. however from past experience VIP very rarely sells out right away. If you want VIP then just wait until public on sale - you should be OK.

Regarding TOOL VIP - the description does not include a sound check. This was part of VIP when I attended in 2014. I don't recall if soundcheck was included last year for those who went? If they got rid of sound check that would suck. That was my favourite part of the VIP experience, even more than the Q/A session with Adam.