View Single Post
InfiniteOne
02-21-2012, 11:39 PM

I didn't attend the show but have been long time TOOL fan and attended more than a dozen shows since 1996. I felt the need to comment on "tritech" comments above specifically.

"The end is upon us. I'm glad I was here to see it, but there is something dignified about burning out. """"I DONT WANT A GRACEFUL AGING.""" These gentlemen that opened a virtual Caligula in our minds of what it means to be Tool are quickly and sadly becoming a walking Rolling Stones, late night TV orchestrated punchline. A small, albeit incredibly dear to me, section of my psyche was irreparably damaged the evening of January 20th. A very humbling night for all of us. "

Personally I think their demise MIGHT be on purpose (consciously or not). They might try and show us the absurdity of this collective psyche we (media consuming humans) try and find in someone "Standing above the crowd..." trying to give meaning to this questionable life we seem to be sharing (Instead of looking INSIDE ourselves!). Anyway, their message is to wake up and "THINK FOR YOURSELF" no more, no less. Get out there and CREATE, get out there and change the world. Use the feeling swelling up inside and explode into another avenue never felt or experienced before. Input from outside is crucial to help shape your internal mindset but, OUTPUT is what keeps this human evolution going. Consume media but know it is only media and not the END but maybe a START (this has been echoed throughout the years by the band, in my mind). The mind has infinite avenues to explore so get out there and share your point of view. In short DON'T BLINDLY FOLLOW ANYONE including them!

It's interesting that they open with "Hooker With A Penis" a prophetic sign of things to come perhaps? "All you know about me is what I've sold you, Dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, Dip shit, And you bought one." I think Maynard knows his role is of the Jester in the Kings court and that nothing last forever. They are just trying to speak to the Sheepeople out there with brutal honesty mixed with misdirection (just to keep it interesting).

Finally, my 2 cents will end but not before we remember the level playing field echoed for all of us later in that song "Before you point the finger you should know that I'M the man, and if I'M the man, then YOU'RE the man, and he's the man as well so you can point that fuckin' finger up your ass."

I don't pretend to have the truth, these are just the directions my mind has investegated through the years. PEACE!
Old 02-21-2012, 11:39 PM   #68
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.20.2012 - Dallas, TX @ Verizon Theatre

I didn't attend the show but have been long time TOOL fan and attended more than a dozen shows since 1996. I felt the need to comment on "tritech" comments above specifically.

"The end is upon us. I'm glad I was here to see it, but there is something dignified about burning out. """"I DONT WANT A GRACEFUL AGING.""" These gentlemen that opened a virtual Caligula in our minds of what it means to be Tool are quickly and sadly becoming a walking Rolling Stones, late night TV orchestrated punchline. A small, albeit incredibly dear to me, section of my psyche was irreparably damaged the evening of January 20th. A very humbling night for all of us. "

Personally I think their demise MIGHT be on purpose (consciously or not). They might try and show us the absurdity of this collective psyche we (media consuming humans) try and find in someone "Standing above the crowd..." trying to give meaning to this questionable life we seem to be sharing (Instead of looking INSIDE ourselves!). Anyway, their message is to wake up and "THINK FOR YOURSELF" no more, no less. Get out there and CREATE, get out there and change the world. Use the feeling swelling up inside and explode into another avenue never felt or experienced before. Input from outside is crucial to help shape your internal mindset but, OUTPUT is what keeps this human evolution going. Consume media but know it is only media and not the END but maybe a START (this has been echoed throughout the years by the band, in my mind). The mind has infinite avenues to explore so get out there and share your point of view. In short DON'T BLINDLY FOLLOW ANYONE including them!

It's interesting that they open with "Hooker With A Penis" a prophetic sign of things to come perhaps? "All you know about me is what I've sold you, Dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, Dip shit, And you bought one." I think Maynard knows his role is of the Jester in the Kings court and that nothing last forever. They are just trying to speak to the Sheepeople out there with brutal honesty mixed with misdirection (just to keep it interesting).

Finally, my 2 cents will end but not before we remember the level playing field echoed for all of us later in that song "Before you point the finger you should know that I'M the man, and if I'M the man, then YOU'RE the man, and he's the man as well so you can point that fuckin' finger up your ass."

I don't pretend to have the truth, these are just the directions my mind has investegated through the years. PEACE!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote