View Single Post
J Morrison's Avatar J Morrison
07-02-2010, 07:40 AM

Sec. 108, fifth Tool show, and I must admit the the Lateralus tour will always be hard to top IMO. Maynard going the extra mile with paint, the contortionists repelling out of nowhere onto the stage and doing their thing. The visuals for that tour were mindblowing. That being said, this was a great show, but I also thought Dalek was not a good choice, and totally screwed up Danny's drum solo on Lateralus. Did also catch the miscue just before 46&2. And did anybody else notice that the bell ringing part during Vicarious lacked the lasers to correspond with the bells, something looked a miss during that based on what I remember. I did have one DB next to me that thought it was cool to light up his friggin bright ass cell phone every other song. But I won't rant about that.
On the other hand, Third Eye was great, Intolerance was awesome, and the setlist as a whole was cool. The visuals were what you expect from a Tool show and only a Tool show. I picked up a poster, which I think will look nice framed with my ticket down in my basement. Another Tool experience in the books!
Old 07-02-2010, 07:40 AM   #14
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.01.2010 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Center

Sec. 108, fifth Tool show, and I must admit the the Lateralus tour will always be hard to top IMO. Maynard going the extra mile with paint, the contortionists repelling out of nowhere onto the stage and doing their thing. The visuals for that tour were mindblowing. That being said, this was a great show, but I also thought Dalek was not a good choice, and totally screwed up Danny's drum solo on Lateralus. Did also catch the miscue just before 46&2. And did anybody else notice that the bell ringing part during Vicarious lacked the lasers to correspond with the bells, something looked a miss during that based on what I remember. I did have one DB next to me that thought it was cool to light up his friggin bright ass cell phone every other song. But I won't rant about that.
On the other hand, Third Eye was great, Intolerance was awesome, and the setlist as a whole was cool. The visuals were what you expect from a Tool show and only a Tool show. I picked up a poster, which I think will look nice framed with my ticket down in my basement. Another Tool experience in the books!