View Single Post
loldotcom
07-02-2010, 06:27 AM

I actually didn't mind Dalek, but I also listen to hiphop regularly as well as my rock/metal tendencies. Could of been a bit more structured in the beats, but whatever. I googled them ahead of time, so I knew what I was getting into. Tool opening bands are usually out of left field, this was no different. Still, Meshuggah was still the best one I've seen, but I'm biased towards them :P

A big die-in-a-fire to the kid behind me who was absolutely losing his shit over Dalek, and crying the entire set about how much he sucks and should go home. If you don't like the group, that's fine, but just go get a beer or whatever. Don't bitch about it constantly as if anyone else wants to hear you -_-

Absolutely hilarious that after Dalek finished their portion of Lateralus with the band, Maynard chirped in with 'see, I told you it would work out', or something to that effect.

Also, a big FU to the 40 somethings who kept standing up and leaving our row, like every other song. $65 a ticket, and you're missing half the show. Sit the fuck down :P

As far as the show, awesome to see Third Eye be on this setlist. Sad how many people really had no idea what was going on. The kid behind me was still whining about how he wants to hear Vicarious, and Jambi.

Kids.

At any rate, I half agree that the band really needs to kick it up and throw the fans a couple more bones. Intolerance was nice, and we had Flood last time. But there are many songs over the last half dozen shows have not appeared, while others have been played every time.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:27 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.01.2010 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Center

I actually didn't mind Dalek, but I also listen to hiphop regularly as well as my rock/metal tendencies. Could of been a bit more structured in the beats, but whatever. I googled them ahead of time, so I knew what I was getting into. Tool opening bands are usually out of left field, this was no different. Still, Meshuggah was still the best one I've seen, but I'm biased towards them :P

A big die-in-a-fire to the kid behind me who was absolutely losing his shit over Dalek, and crying the entire set about how much he sucks and should go home. If you don't like the group, that's fine, but just go get a beer or whatever. Don't bitch about it constantly as if anyone else wants to hear you -_-

Absolutely hilarious that after Dalek finished their portion of Lateralus with the band, Maynard chirped in with 'see, I told you it would work out', or something to that effect.

Also, a big FU to the 40 somethings who kept standing up and leaving our row, like every other song. $65 a ticket, and you're missing half the show. Sit the fuck down :P

As far as the show, awesome to see Third Eye be on this setlist. Sad how many people really had no idea what was going on. The kid behind me was still whining about how he wants to hear Vicarious, and Jambi.

Kids.

At any rate, I half agree that the band really needs to kick it up and throw the fans a couple more bones. Intolerance was nice, and we had Flood last time. But there are many songs over the last half dozen shows have not appeared, while others have been played every time.
OFFLINE |