View Single Post
Festo
07-02-2010, 05:21 AM

Just waking up from 6 hours of total driving. We were section 112 also. I'll start out with Dalek...WTF was that!!! 2 guys, one attempting to rap\hip hop, another playing with a laptop setup on a table. This was pathetic. Everyone around us figured it was some kind of joke Maynard was pulling on everyone that he would let these guys open for them. Could not understand one word other than *uck and Mother*ucker. I was actually worried the sound for Tool was going to be bad after hearing that.

On to Tool. Amazing is all you can say. The sound was PERFECT. Third Eye is not my favorite choice..i would have liked The Grudge better but oh well. Stinkfist was incredible. Intolerance just rocked. OMG 46&2 blew everyone away. Then came Lateralus. They tried to do some sort of battle with Dalek. Basically it was the dude with the laptop double clicking a canned mp3 on his windows 3.1 desktop and it was a bunch of distortion screwing up Danny's solo. Any one of the lab coats could have done better. Totally SUCKED!! Then they finished up Lateralus and it was amazing. And Aenema was great as always.

Now the bad part about Tool. THEY ONLY PLAY 10 SONGS!!! Come on man. This is a disgrace. Just saw Metallica last fall. They played 20 songs. Rush just started their summer tour. They don't waste everyones time with an opening act. They played 25 songs!!! Entire Moving Pictures album!! This is just insane. Why can't you put in a little effort and play 3 more songs. Throw in Eulogy and Sober and The Pot maybe. Then you turn a great concert into something really special.

Given that it was a great show. And i can't wait to see them again.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:21 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.01.2010 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Center

Just waking up from 6 hours of total driving. We were section 112 also. I'll start out with Dalek...WTF was that!!! 2 guys, one attempting to rap\hip hop, another playing with a laptop setup on a table. This was pathetic. Everyone around us figured it was some kind of joke Maynard was pulling on everyone that he would let these guys open for them. Could not understand one word other than *uck and Mother*ucker. I was actually worried the sound for Tool was going to be bad after hearing that.

On to Tool. Amazing is all you can say. The sound was PERFECT. Third Eye is not my favorite choice..i would have liked The Grudge better but oh well. Stinkfist was incredible. Intolerance just rocked. OMG 46&2 blew everyone away. Then came Lateralus. They tried to do some sort of battle with Dalek. Basically it was the dude with the laptop double clicking a canned mp3 on his windows 3.1 desktop and it was a bunch of distortion screwing up Danny's solo. Any one of the lab coats could have done better. Totally SUCKED!! Then they finished up Lateralus and it was amazing. And Aenema was great as always.

Now the bad part about Tool. THEY ONLY PLAY 10 SONGS!!! Come on man. This is a disgrace. Just saw Metallica last fall. They played 20 songs. Rush just started their summer tour. They don't waste everyones time with an opening act. They played 25 songs!!! Entire Moving Pictures album!! This is just insane. Why can't you put in a little effort and play 3 more songs. Throw in Eulogy and Sober and The Pot maybe. Then you turn a great concert into something really special.

Given that it was a great show. And i can't wait to see them again.
OFFLINE |