View Single Post
jmkees1's Avatar jmkees1
07-01-2010, 10:26 PM

Very good show. I agree about dalek, not something you'd expect to open-up a Tool show, it just sounded like a bunch of loud noise to me.
I do also think Adam/Justin were a little off at the beginning of 46 & 2, Adam's amp cut out a few times, might've thrown him off I suppose, only he really knows.
I liked the set-list, but I wish they'd be doing 10,000 Days & Wings. I'd like those to be Tool show staples, like Schism and Lateralus are.
I was lucky a few years ago, to meet a special woman named Joan, who gave me house seats for the show tonight, which also came with "After-show backstage passes"! We waited, went backstage, had a dinner roll and a Mountain Dew. Then was told the night was over, Maynard never hangs out, Adam wasn't feeling well, Justin was spending time with his new bride, and Joan didn't say what was up with Danny. I imagine it's exhausting playing that hard, under those hot lights, for 2-3 hours. I was close to meeting them and didn't, but still had a great time, no regrets no worries no complaints.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:26 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.01.2010 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Center

Very good show. I agree about dalek, not something you'd expect to open-up a Tool show, it just sounded like a bunch of loud noise to me.
I do also think Adam/Justin were a little off at the beginning of 46 & 2, Adam's amp cut out a few times, might've thrown him off I suppose, only he really knows.
I liked the set-list, but I wish they'd be doing 10,000 Days & Wings. I'd like those to be Tool show staples, like Schism and Lateralus are.
I was lucky a few years ago, to meet a special woman named Joan, who gave me house seats for the show tonight, which also came with "After-show backstage passes"! We waited, went backstage, had a dinner roll and a Mountain Dew. Then was told the night was over, Maynard never hangs out, Adam wasn't feeling well, Justin was spending time with his new bride, and Joan didn't say what was up with Danny. I imagine it's exhausting playing that hard, under those hot lights, for 2-3 hours. I was close to meeting them and didn't, but still had a great time, no regrets no worries no complaints.
OFFLINE |