View Single Post
RiseToYourHalo's Avatar RiseToYourHalo
11-18-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nym View Post
You're missing one key word with your 'indigo' theory. 'Cozened'. The line being:
"Now you're weeping shades of cozened indigo"
A much simpler term would be 'crocodile tears'.
Cozened = to mislead by means of a petty trick or fraud; deceive
Indigo = symbol color of law enforcement and spiritual energy

Hypocrites of all types cry crocodile tears when they’re busted, furthering the deception.

Quote:
Put into context with a 'kangaroo court' as well as "Liar, Lawyer, mirror show me what's the difference" - I would interpret the whole as being not simply just hypocrisy, but the hypocrisy inherent in the idea that someone who is, for all intents and purposes, as guilty as any other prosecuting another individual...
The song can be interpreted on multiple levels and I think your perspective here is absolutely valid. All of us are guilty of hypocrisy on some level.

Quote:
... and how often the pursuit of this phony form of justice leads to as many innocent individuals being persecuted, prosecuted, and jailed as there are guilty people.
I would be in agreement except for the ‘as many as’ reference.

Quote:
Guilt and innocence make no difference in a court and if an attorney gets in a little too deep obfuscating the facts ("eyeball deep in muddy waters"), they can perform a little song and dance to divert attention just like a magician with sleight of hand ("practically raised the dead") to ensure that they sway the jurors' opinions to one they find more favorable.

Anyone willing to go through that amount of work, not in search of truth, but instead of 'winning' to make themselves look better, has 'got to be high'.
Agreed!
Old 11-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #40
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 13
Re: Rob the grave to snow the cradle...

Quote:
You're missing one key word with your 'indigo' theory. 'Cozened'. The line being:
"Now you're weeping shades of cozened indigo"
A much simpler term would be 'crocodile tears'.
Cozened = to mislead by means of a petty trick or fraud; deceive
Indigo = symbol color of law enforcement and spiritual energy

Hypocrites of all types cry crocodile tears when they’re busted, furthering the deception.

Quote:
Put into context with a 'kangaroo court' as well as "Liar, Lawyer, mirror show me what's the difference" - I would interpret the whole as being not simply just hypocrisy, but the hypocrisy inherent in the idea that someone who is, for all intents and purposes, as guilty as any other prosecuting another individual...
The song can be interpreted on multiple levels and I think your perspective here is absolutely valid. All of us are guilty of hypocrisy on some level.

Quote:
... and how often the pursuit of this phony form of justice leads to as many innocent individuals being persecuted, prosecuted, and jailed as there are guilty people.
I would be in agreement except for the ‘as many as’ reference.

Quote:
Guilt and innocence make no difference in a court and if an attorney gets in a little too deep obfuscating the facts ("eyeball deep in muddy waters"), they can perform a little song and dance to divert attention just like a magician with sleight of hand ("practically raised the dead") to ensure that they sway the jurors' opinions to one they find more favorable.

Anyone willing to go through that amount of work, not in search of truth, but instead of 'winning' to make themselves look better, has 'got to be high'.
Agreed!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote