View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 06:16 AM   #28
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6
Re: 2007/07/03 - Detroit, MI - DTE Amphitheater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjees82 View Post
That is THE most insane thing I have ever heard. Most of Tool's shows are inside. If you limit yourself to just outdoor events, you are sacrificing like 90% of the tour dates already. I have had incredible experiences inside arenas. Depending on where you are, the sound can be fucking great. I have yet to see Tool outside (in about 4 days that will change), but I have a hard time believing they are that much better outside, considering indoors has been phenomenal for me. If anyone has a chance to see Tool even once, GO GO GO, regardless of where the hell it is.

You're in for a treat, man. I've seen TOOL @ DTE at least 3 times (Lollapalooza and Ozzfest), and the experience was far better than at the Palace. DTE has great sound. Plus, we may actually get to SEE Maynard, as it won't be dark out until 9:00-9:30PM-ish. I can't wait!

Oh yeah, my mom's been working at DTE since it opened (as Pine Knob) and any band that plays past 11PM gets charged a ridiculous fine ... in case you didn't know.