View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 12:42 AM   #233
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 901
Re: 2007/06/15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

Anyways...what other shows did you guys catch besides Tool and what did you think?

I saw:

Ben Harper (only caught the last few songs, but it was enjoyable)

The Flaming Lips (left about 4 songs into it because the singer wouldn't shut the fuck up...plus i'm not a huge fan anyway)

Gov't Mule (after walking away from the FLips I happend to get there right as JPJ started jamming with them...I made a seriously good decision.)

Ziggy Marley (caught the last few songs, but again it was enjoyable...he's a Marley)

The Black Keys (very impressed with this show, I have always wanted to see them live)

Galactic (caught the last few songs, they were as good as always especially with the Kashmir rap thing at the end...but i've seen them before)

Keller William's new band (I like his solo stuff tons more. I dunno, but when I was there it was kinda boring...)

STS9 (Always a favorite of mine. Unfortunatly I kept falling asleep in the nearby field because I was so drained from Tool. But again, i've seen them before.)

Gogol Bordello (Probably my favorite show besides Tool. Eugene is awesome. I had tons of fun.)

Flight Of The Conchords (I've wanted to see them for 2 years now...so it was highly enjoyable. There were some annoying people in the crowd though that kept asking them to play certain songs.)

The Nightwatchman (Tom Morello is cool, but I couldn't really get into it. I'm unsure if I would've liked it if it wasn't Tom Morello.)

Tea Leaf Green (I think their guitarist is great, it was a fun show.)

Mute Math (I had never even heard of them, me and my friends just had nothing to do so I was like "Lets go check out the and that makes their own instruments...and they blew me away. I would definitely try and see them again.)

I caught pieces of a lot of other shows...but those are the ones I was there for a good amount.