View Single Post
Yogo
06-10-2007, 01:11 PM

It was a great show for the reasons everyone stated. The best part of any of their concerts is always Lost Keys and the first 3 and a half minutes of Rosetta. It's just amazing how Justin makes the drowning elbow part of Lost Keys one of the most viscerally wrenching experiences. I also liked his tricky prelude. Didn't hear that one the first three times I saw them on this tour.

Their timing was off quite a bit in Jambi. I was a little sad that Adam joined in with Justin on the bass roll down stroke right before the brutally energizing break down. I like just hearing his bass without it being muffled by any other sound.

I wanted to hear Pushit. Sad about that too. But another poster was correct in that hearing almost all of 10,000 days in one concert is pretty sweet. I'm glad they've stopped with Aenima. Didn't think that was a good closer. Vicarious is better (although Lateralis would be best). Extended Lateralis is not as great as people are making it out to be. It would just be nice to get more of the "second-tier" songs from Undertow, Aenima, and particularly Lateralis. In general the set list is disappointing. Schism is the lull.

The visual that looked like a spaced out cardio monitor during Rosetta Stoned was pretty sweet. It was pulsating with Maynard's words. Well done. In fact, many of the visuals are much improved. The UFO thingies during their break on the stage were buggin me out pretty good. I thought they were going to start shooting at the crowd or something. They were scary.

Maynard doing the same cowboy act during each show is also annoying. He needs to switch it up. He was way more into his art during the Lateralis tour. I don't like when he is so predictable. Still, his silhouette (with the cowboy hat) looks pretty freekin' cool.

The mixing was "OK." Not above average. Adam is clearly playing through three amps, both of them more delayed than the others. That's pretty neat.

Right in Two was amazing. The crowd lacked a bit of energy during the amazing break down after Danny's interlude... It's really great live. Justin hits all of the subtle notes on bass, including the deep thronging sound effect about two minutes in (don't know how else to explain it).

A lot of mainstream, casual looking fans were there. There were very pleasant, for the most part. Some pretty girls too, which was not like other venues.

Justin's headbanging and bass-humping just makes me want to...be him. He is the full definition of cool.

Liked Danny's Duncan t-shirt.

Talk solo was done to perfection, atmospheric resonance and all.

Although I think Maynard's Jambi breakdown dancing is pretty lame and redundant at this point, I like how he does a full body convulsion at the end and points with his hand and his cowboy hat to Adam (right as he starts his solo).

I think Justin was getting extremely bored during the 10 minutes that he was just playing his Lateralis breakdown riff over and over and over and over and over during the drumoff.

It took me three songs to realize that there was someone "singing" during Melt Banana's performance. The guitarist was making cosmic video game sounds. Quite ear piercing at some points. I did like how they would rapidly shift back and forth between intermediate and super-fast tempos. They got a mixed chorus of cheers and jeers after each song. The girl said "thank you" once in a screechy squealy voice. She said a bunch of things at the end. Couldn't hear her.

The beginning of the concert, with the deep blue electric light hue and the spine-rattling bass frequencies, amps everyone up pretty good. It's really an oustanding way to grab you by your guts and throw you into the experience that is a Tool show. Still, I liked it better when that deep, undulating bass frequency would lead directly into Lost Keys. But Jambi is a worthwhile starter. Better than Stinkfist.

I like how Maynard roils in appreciation during Danny's 46&2 drum solo.

I thought that Adam was the most off out of everyone.

You could hear a pin drop between Maynard's sentences when he was talking about his amazing Pasta experience. It was a bizarre comment because it made you realize that these guys are just common men during the day, going around and visiting the sites and eating food and doing normal stuff.

Maynard, as always, walked off the stage almost immediately after the band's "embrace," well before the other three. I guess he likes to be thorough with his "backman" role by playing down the attention. Danny is a great frisbee thrower. He is a big dude. Big dude.

Stage lighting is great. lasers have improved also.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/09 - Atlantic City, NJ - Boardwalk Hotel

It was a great show for the reasons everyone stated. The best part of any of their concerts is always Lost Keys and the first 3 and a half minutes of Rosetta. It's just amazing how Justin makes the drowning elbow part of Lost Keys one of the most viscerally wrenching experiences. I also liked his tricky prelude. Didn't hear that one the first three times I saw them on this tour.

Their timing was off quite a bit in Jambi. I was a little sad that Adam joined in with Justin on the bass roll down stroke right before the brutally energizing break down. I like just hearing his bass without it being muffled by any other sound.

I wanted to hear Pushit. Sad about that too. But another poster was correct in that hearing almost all of 10,000 days in one concert is pretty sweet. I'm glad they've stopped with Aenima. Didn't think that was a good closer. Vicarious is better (although Lateralis would be best). Extended Lateralis is not as great as people are making it out to be. It would just be nice to get more of the "second-tier" songs from Undertow, Aenima, and particularly Lateralis. In general the set list is disappointing. Schism is the lull.

The visual that looked like a spaced out cardio monitor during Rosetta Stoned was pretty sweet. It was pulsating with Maynard's words. Well done. In fact, many of the visuals are much improved. The UFO thingies during their break on the stage were buggin me out pretty good. I thought they were going to start shooting at the crowd or something. They were scary.

Maynard doing the same cowboy act during each show is also annoying. He needs to switch it up. He was way more into his art during the Lateralis tour. I don't like when he is so predictable. Still, his silhouette (with the cowboy hat) looks pretty freekin' cool.

The mixing was "OK." Not above average. Adam is clearly playing through three amps, both of them more delayed than the others. That's pretty neat.

Right in Two was amazing. The crowd lacked a bit of energy during the amazing break down after Danny's interlude... It's really great live. Justin hits all of the subtle notes on bass, including the deep thronging sound effect about two minutes in (don't know how else to explain it).

A lot of mainstream, casual looking fans were there. There were very pleasant, for the most part. Some pretty girls too, which was not like other venues.

Justin's headbanging and bass-humping just makes me want to...be him. He is the full definition of cool.

Liked Danny's Duncan t-shirt.

Talk solo was done to perfection, atmospheric resonance and all.

Although I think Maynard's Jambi breakdown dancing is pretty lame and redundant at this point, I like how he does a full body convulsion at the end and points with his hand and his cowboy hat to Adam (right as he starts his solo).

I think Justin was getting extremely bored during the 10 minutes that he was just playing his Lateralis breakdown riff over and over and over and over and over during the drumoff.

It took me three songs to realize that there was someone "singing" during Melt Banana's performance. The guitarist was making cosmic video game sounds. Quite ear piercing at some points. I did like how they would rapidly shift back and forth between intermediate and super-fast tempos. They got a mixed chorus of cheers and jeers after each song. The girl said "thank you" once in a screechy squealy voice. She said a bunch of things at the end. Couldn't hear her.

The beginning of the concert, with the deep blue electric light hue and the spine-rattling bass frequencies, amps everyone up pretty good. It's really an oustanding way to grab you by your guts and throw you into the experience that is a Tool show. Still, I liked it better when that deep, undulating bass frequency would lead directly into Lost Keys. But Jambi is a worthwhile starter. Better than Stinkfist.

I like how Maynard roils in appreciation during Danny's 46&2 drum solo.

I thought that Adam was the most off out of everyone.

You could hear a pin drop between Maynard's sentences when he was talking about his amazing Pasta experience. It was a bizarre comment because it made you realize that these guys are just common men during the day, going around and visiting the sites and eating food and doing normal stuff.

Maynard, as always, walked off the stage almost immediately after the band's "embrace," well before the other three. I guess he likes to be thorough with his "backman" role by playing down the attention. Danny is a great frisbee thrower. He is a big dude. Big dude.

Stage lighting is great. lasers have improved also.
OFFLINE |