View Single Post
frosty nugs
05-26-2007, 12:21 PM

Solid performance all the way through. All songs were spot on, lasers were sick (even better than pink floyd, and that says a hell of a lot), projections courtesy of legendary artists alex grey and chet zar were beautiful as always, the crowd was great and the band fed off of that energy. You could tell they had a great time up there and were really enjoying us. They brought Kinski on stage to play a bad ass extended version of Lateralus since it was their last show on the tour. They rocked that track for like 20 minutes, kicking ass the whole way through. We also got extended versions of schism (with a new super fast solo break right before the calm part in the middle of the song) and stinkfist (bad ass drum/guitar solo in there as well). Even lost keys/Rosetta Stoned was spot on, which surprised me since they normally struggle to pull that song off. Many complain about it not being able to sound as good as the CD live, but they actually nailed it tonight. Intension/Right in Two was amazing as well. The lights were beautiful during all of it. My mind was blown from the moment they took the stage. The crowd was so damn hyped that they were still screaming 30 minutes after the show in the parking lot, about 6000 of them. Wings for marie/10,000 days was beautiful, had lots of people in the crowd tearing up (as well as maynard obviously choking up a bit himself while singing). Best performance I have ever had the luck of attending, and I will be doing all I can to catch them at Bonaroo again in 3 weeks. If their show is coming anywhere near you, do not miss it. People I know that don't even like tool went just because there was nothing better to do and left there completely blown away. The sound did get a bit muted at parts, but I found it was very dependent on where you were in the auditorium. I started the show in the wrong seat and couldn't hear maynard that well, but when I moved to the back where I was supposed to be it was absolutely perfect. Maynard said "good evening" and "thanks for coming, hope it all works out for you". He got pretty talkative when they brought Kinski out as well.

Set List:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Intension/Right in Two
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days (Wings pt. 2)
Lateralus
Vicarious
Old 05-26-2007, 12:21 PM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/25 - Pensacola, FL - Pensacola Civic Center

Solid performance all the way through. All songs were spot on, lasers were sick (even better than pink floyd, and that says a hell of a lot), projections courtesy of legendary artists alex grey and chet zar were beautiful as always, the crowd was great and the band fed off of that energy. You could tell they had a great time up there and were really enjoying us. They brought Kinski on stage to play a bad ass extended version of Lateralus since it was their last show on the tour. They rocked that track for like 20 minutes, kicking ass the whole way through. We also got extended versions of schism (with a new super fast solo break right before the calm part in the middle of the song) and stinkfist (bad ass drum/guitar solo in there as well). Even lost keys/Rosetta Stoned was spot on, which surprised me since they normally struggle to pull that song off. Many complain about it not being able to sound as good as the CD live, but they actually nailed it tonight. Intension/Right in Two was amazing as well. The lights were beautiful during all of it. My mind was blown from the moment they took the stage. The crowd was so damn hyped that they were still screaming 30 minutes after the show in the parking lot, about 6000 of them. Wings for marie/10,000 days was beautiful, had lots of people in the crowd tearing up (as well as maynard obviously choking up a bit himself while singing). Best performance I have ever had the luck of attending, and I will be doing all I can to catch them at Bonaroo again in 3 weeks. If their show is coming anywhere near you, do not miss it. People I know that don't even like tool went just because there was nothing better to do and left there completely blown away. The sound did get a bit muted at parts, but I found it was very dependent on where you were in the auditorium. I started the show in the wrong seat and couldn't hear maynard that well, but when I moved to the back where I was supposed to be it was absolutely perfect. Maynard said "good evening" and "thanks for coming, hope it all works out for you". He got pretty talkative when they brought Kinski out as well.

Set List:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Intension/Right in Two
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Wings for Marie
10,000 Days (Wings pt. 2)
Lateralus
Vicarious