View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 07:40 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 6
Re: 2007/07/03 - Detroit, MI - DTE Amphitheater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral Out13 View Post
Why are these tickets 72 bucks a piece? Every other concert has had the best seats in the house (pavilion) for 55 dollars or cheaper except for two other shows (New Jersey 69$ and Ontario 65$). At the end of the day to buy 3 pavilion seats it was like 266$ (like 87$ a piece) after service charges. These are almost ebay prices. I was hoping there was gonna be some amazing opening band to warrant the price but if I know tool there probably won't be. I saw them in September with Isis (they suck....get a lead singer) and I know that Kinski is with them at the moment touring. I've heard similiar things about them being mostly instrumental.

Just in case anyone was thinking about remarking about lawn seats being cheaper and that I should have bought those....anyone who has been to the Knob (DTE) knows that lawn seats at this venue blow very hard. In fact with the wear and tear over the years its mostly just a big dirt pile.

Any insights? Thanks.

Yes ... start a mudslide ... and a mosh pit. You will surely get Maynard to talk.

As for the price ... well E-Gay charges about 200 dollars per ticket (in my experience). So 72 dollars doesn't seem that bad to me. Get a job, I guess.