View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 10:49 PM   #39
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCrace
Several posts above I quoted Paul saying that sin is lawlessness. It was also said of Christ that he was incapable of sin. Therefore in a sense one could say that Christ was lawless. The law no longer binded him, or, as another passage goes: the law was dead to him. Now the question remains, how does one go about transcending the law? Or in other words, how the fuck does one get the hell out of this universe?

Some Gnostic sects believed that one could transcend the law by completely missing the mark, or by sinning completely, totally, and wholly. But it seems the other logical conclusion is that one can transcend the law by following it completely, like the Jews.

It all comes down to agreement. Agreement precedes reality. Therefore all one must do is go back to that point before all of one's past lives, and then illuminate the point when one agreed to have a physical body. "I'm came into this world, I am not OF this world."
You can certainly use that logic if you want, but that is twisting it. Think of this. Everybody is somebody, so since of somebody, I'm everybody. If I'm everybody then I'm omniscient, and if that is the case then I'm God. You can do that with a whole hell of a lot of things. He didn't transcend the law, he represented the law because the law was set down by the Father. The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit are one, so essentially the law was set down by the son. So pretty much Jesus just abided by his laws which made him perfect and faultless which could seem to be a transcending of the law, but it is merely an exact following of the law and a perfect example. "I came to this world" from Heaven, "I am not OF this world" because he is from Heaven, he was God and man.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote