View Single Post
implandnoises's Avatar implandnoises
09-12-2006, 11:49 PM

ShiningOne, you should send an e-mail to Danny. Check out dannycarey.org. He could help you out with your question. Occult means hidden, secret. There was a time when Christianity was occult, because others didn't approve. Think about the implications of that. I am too tired to spell it out. Oh and the other thing is Danny doesn't take it all too seriously. He and Blair joke about these things all the time. You don't need to take it so seriously either. If some kid thinks they need to swear at God, so be it - they will grow up. But I would rather see someone being given the openness of thoughtless rejection over the closed act of blind acceptance. That is to say: a kid is in a lot more trouble at a church singing in tongues than they are at rock concert chanting "Fuck God!"

You might disagree, but in the long run, things will often be better for the kid at the rock gig. This kid has the chance to grow up and decide for themselves. Whereas the kid at church becomes indoctrinated into a condition they will have great difficulty making sane decisions from.

Last edited by implandnoises; 09-13-2006 at 08:31 PM..
Old 09-12-2006, 11:49 PM   #49
Banned.

Bincount™: 1157
Re: Tool and the Occult

ShiningOne, you should send an e-mail to Danny. Check out dannycarey.org. He could help you out with your question. Occult means hidden, secret. There was a time when Christianity was occult, because others didn't approve. Think about the implications of that. I am too tired to spell it out. Oh and the other thing is Danny doesn't take it all too seriously. He and Blair joke about these things all the time. You don't need to take it so seriously either. If some kid thinks they need to swear at God, so be it - they will grow up. But I would rather see someone being given the openness of thoughtless rejection over the closed act of blind acceptance. That is to say: a kid is in a lot more trouble at a church singing in tongues than they are at rock concert chanting "Fuck God!"

You might disagree, but in the long run, things will often be better for the kid at the rock gig. This kid has the chance to grow up and decide for themselves. Whereas the kid at church becomes indoctrinated into a condition they will have great difficulty making sane decisions from.

Last edited by implandnoises; 09-13-2006 at 08:31 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote