View Single Post
Old 09-10-2003, 07:51 PM   #19
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Ok, after reading this behemoth of a post, i have several things i wish to comment on.

The draw between copulation and a mother is extremely interesting, and it makes very much sense, but maybe not particularly for this song.

I personally think males do not go and find a mate of the opposite sex because they want a version of their mother, but because humans are extremely emotionally-unstable beings. That is why we turn to religion, it is our teddy bear, our bigger, more powerful entity that is watching over us, something we wish, and hope is going to watch over us and protect us, when really, in my opinion, their isn't. I don't believe in or a god, I just personally believe that humans have trouble surviving without a belief that we are not alone, and that their is always something to protect us, when we are really on our own, and the only way for us to make it through this journey that is life, is to lie to ourselves, to comfort ourselves, and say that it is all ok, God, or a god is protecting us.
Now, as for copulation and marrige, humans are emotioanlly unstable beings, and it is very difficult for us to make it though this tremendous journey we call life alone, that is why we marry, to have a companion, to help us, to know that we are not always on our own. And that, will make life all the more easier, for most people.
Now, sooner our later, and I can guarantee this, someone will come along with no sexual preference, and this person believe it or not, will be our stepping stone into the next evolutionary pattern. Why? Because this entity/person, will not be binded to their instincts. They will feel that they do not have to copulate, for we cannot truly evolve until we break apart from our instincts, and become one with ourselves, and not our animal insticnts. This may seem a little much a first, coming from a fifteen-year old, but put it into prospective, and it will make sense.

With that said, I have another thing to comment on. You say that people who listen to tool our these pussies who think they are groundbreaking thinkers, and it is true beacause we are slouched in front of our computers, posting. What the shit?? Not true what so ever. I, of course am a tool fan, and a male, and I don not think of myself as a ground breaking thinker, and I am, not a pussy who uses my intellectuality as a substitute for life and progress and power. I have ambitions, I have strengths, I have weaknesses, I feel tool is an outlet to the mess that the world is in now, I feel inspired by them, I feel connected, I have the urge to do more with my thoughts and feelings, something grand, something I am still searching for, and I do not post on this website beacuse I am afraid of what is out there, it is because people on these opinion pages are very intelligent people, and have very intelligent things to say. It would be a shame to ignore it and put all those thoughts to waste just because somebody feels that doing so, is being a pussy and is afraid of what is out there.

With that said, I think I am finished. Oh yes, good luck trying to find anything in the cosmos with all the damn light pollution, oh yea, and have fun playing drums to this song, it takes a little work memorizing it and knowing when to come in towards the end, but in the long run, it's not that hard.

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/ent_music/25435.php
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote