View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 09:14 PM   #56
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/06 - Fresno, CA - Selland Arena

This was my third tool show this tour and musically it was the best. As expected, the setlist was the same as the other shows and somewhat short. But nobody should be complaining about it. The boys played phenomenally well. The past two shows I saw only had a couple songs with a new part (Extended Stinkfist, etc). Last night almost every song last night had a new section where they just tore it up. Stinkfist was extended. 46 and 2 got sooo heavy in the middle, Danny went off. Sober had an unreal opening with wailing feedback for almost 5 minutes. At one point Justin had his bass upside down with its head on the stage floor picking up extra vibrations. Maynard let it all hang out vocally in Vicarious. I've never heard him sing so loud and with that much passion. Lateralus was my highlight... just an amazingly powerful and emotional song.

Whoever says this show sucked should have given their ticket to someone more deserving. Tool came to Fresno of all fucking places. You guys should be thrilled. And if you had read any of the reviews you would have known the approximate setlist and length of the show. Compared to the last two shows I saw this crowd was a little lackluster. There should have been a deafening roar during the intermission. Instead it sounded more like a high school pep rally.

And for the people slamming Maynard for singing in the dark and not facing the crowd give this a try. Maybe he doesn't want to be famous, maybe he thinks the spotlight should be on his amazing band members so that all the focus of the crowd isn't on him, or maybe he is just a prick, I don't know what he thinks and neither do you. What I do know is that peoples perception of him and tool's music are a reflection of themselves.
OFFLINE |