View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 11:10 PM   #45
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/06 - Fresno, CA - Selland Arena

If any of you guys saw S.O.A.D. at SaveMart Center, this show was alot better even if it was a subpar Tool show.

The '02 show at Selland was better for sure. Meshuggah opened, better visuals for Tool's set, they played longer, they opened with COLD & UGLY (that moment kicked so much ass), and Thomas Hakke from Meshuggah came out during Triad and jammed on the roto-toms and did a solo with Danny, which was orgasmic. But despite all this I have no complaints from last night. It's still TOOL and they still know how to put on a show.

But there was ONE thing I thought was better about this show than the 02 show: No divided sections for the crowd with Nazi event staff guys everywhere. There were CHAIRS on the entire floor for the '02 show which killed it, and they even had the floor divided into a front and rear half. They treated it like it was a fucking country concert. If you were in the rear half you couldn't get to the front because there was a line of event staff bouncers. I personally like open floors. If you want to sit then get arena level seats. The Fresno State amphitheater show in '98 was AWESOME. At least this time and in '98 I could move freely and not have an event staff guy up my ass for standing in an aisle for 10 seconds.

Aenema was the high point of the show. The whole floor was jumping up and down and the sound was awesome.

Last edited by gts007; 08-07-2006 at 11:29 PM..
OFFLINE |