View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 05:07 AM   #12
(tdn $upporter) - S.O.B: Save Our Bluths

Bincount™: 33
Re: 2006/06/06 - Hamburg, GER - Sporthalle

Well the setlist issue I think we just have to accept as their warmup tour setlist. (I was hoping for Eon Blue Apocalypse/The Patient though since they HAVE been playing it this tour)...'remember there is a full-blown fall tour to come yet' is what I told myself.

And also...have you considered the alternative..which is what if you didn't get to see them at all? Or if they walked off because some idiot tried to throw a water bottle at Maynard (which someone did, I don't know if too many people noticed)? I ended spending over €300 to be there, which is quite shitty...but then there was the alternative..

I think the sound depended on where you were positioned. I was up the front (only guy I saw wearing an Opeth shirt) in front of Adam, so I have to admit the vocals were a little bit drowned out at times by Adam's 3 monster amps, Danny's pummelling of his drumkit and Justin's-slap-you-silly bass. The vocals being drowned was sometimes intentional though..i.e. Rosetta Stoned...people complaining about this is amusing! (refer to heapifyman's post)-made me wonder if they listened to the song on the cd! When I saw them at Rock-im-Park I was dead center at the back with a view of the whole stage and had a different experience altogether as the sound was astoundingly good.

Overall the Hamburg show was fuckin awesome...as I was seriously left just gasping and speechless at its conclusion.. the trio of lateralus, vicarious and aenema was just overwhelming, each in its own different way...Lateralus once again left me with a tear in my eye, goosebumps all over each time I feel Maynard telling us to "spiral out, keep going, spiral out" in my chest. Vicarious managed to be lifted to a whole other level live...I can't wait for the video. And well..what else is there to say about Aenema?

Apart from that..how amazing was the Talk box solo on Jambi???

I just loved the communication and camaraderie the foursome displayed, smiling to one another, taking a breather after a MONSTER of a song by sitting down and having a drink...giving each other hungry chicken and a solid handshake at the end of a good show...that was great.

And I also got to meet a handful of really awesome people...Samir (hope you made it to the Berlin show!), Alex, Rene, and cool Danish guy with a pilot's coat...you know who you are.

Peace out,
Deep

EDIT: So were there actually US football players at the show?? I did not notice any soccer-types..

EDIT 2: I realize from reading the feedback from previous shows here that their routine is pretty standard (on-stage breather before vicarious, group hug at end, maynard saying something about new album (or just "new song") before Jambi...but again, let me just remind people...this is Tool! They are an INCREDIBLY TALENTED live band. And this is a warm-up tour!

Last edited by deep_schismic; 06-08-2006 at 02:41 PM..
OFFLINE |