View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 09:13 PM   #27
APT
Jörmungandr

Bincount™: 929
Re: 2006/05/15 - Detroit, MI - Fox Theatre

Words cannot describe how awesome this night was.

It started off with the guys we parked next to in the parking garage bumming us about 6 beers. From there I walked towards the front of the Fox and just took pictures of the sign and all of the people walking outside. We went back to the car to put the camera away and drink a bit more. We walked to the Fox right across the street and entered. We each bought a tour shirt (#2 and #4). We entered the auditorium area and a guy bought for us. My buddy used one of the empty 32 oz. cups to get "2 refills". We drank those as we went to the roped off smoking section outside where the line of people had snaked to all the way around the building. After some walking around we entered the main theatre. This place was classy. Velvet seats and intricate walls and a monster dome-type cieling. The anticipation was building as it was past 8 and people were still pouring in. Purple light could be seen seeping from behind the curtain. And then the lights dimmed. Me and my buddy were 5th row in F5 so we were about 15 feet from the speakers. Justins bass began shreaking as the curtains acended, thus beginning a monster of a concert. Each thump on the drums or strum on the guitar sent a vibration through my body.

After Rosetta Stoned concluded the place was roaring and Maynard says, "Jesus Christ you guys are fucking loud."

Justin impressed me the most I think and he seemed so into it. At points he was stomping his foot like Maynard use to do.

The alternative versions of Stinkfist and Schism were so very kick ass.

Maynard said the Pistons were having trouble with the Cavs and people booed. So then he says well I'm from Akron area so I'm torn. Then he says well all I know is fuck the Clippers (Danny had a Clippers jersey on) and everyone cheered while Danny just laughed while shaking his head.

I really wasn't even paying attention to the screens. One section of the Mezz level was sitting down I'm not sure what was up with them.

My ears still feel like someone is holding big seashells up to them.
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, his greatest fulfillment of all he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
-Vince Lombardi
OFFLINE |