Vicarious
Ænema

Maynardisms
After Rosetta Stoned “Jesus fucking Christ you guys are fuckin' loud."

After Stinkfist

“So your pistons are not playing to well”

“I’m more of a football fan myself”

“Fuck the Clippers”

There were others but I can’t think right now.

So three and a half years since my last Tool show in October 2002 in East Lansing it is safe to say I was more than pumped for this Tool show. Got to the parking garage at 7:00 traffic was a bitch. We got in the arena at 7:45. I went to the merchandise table and got my 2 Tool tour T-Shirts and A Poster. No Tax and it was $95.00 even. We were in out seats by 7:50. Around 8:10 the lights went down and this masterpiece of a band put on one of the best shows of all time which we would know in about 95 Minutes.

Adams guitar sounded crunchy as fuck right away which it would be the rest of the show. Maynard with no shirt, a Mohawk, and a cowboy hat too boot on. His vocals sounded really good in my opinion. Danny was top notch as always and as I saw with pigmy love circus and tool three and a half years ago is he hit’s those drums so hard and is just amazing. Justin makes you forget he was brought in for Paul in 95 he sounds so good and it’s hard to imagine there was one before him and that Justin himself was not the bassist from the beginning. The images on the big screens were excellent as well.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned: It is a brilliant opener. Hands down. Maynard going nuts with leg kicks and he
Had a megaphone to change his vocals a little

Stinkfist: I love the new addition in the middle before “I keep Digging”. Everything else kick ass.

Forty Six & Two: Nothing new as I could pick up but it sounded so good.

Jambi: The talk box was awesome; Danny’s drumming is jaw dropping; Maynard nailed the vocals.

Schism: Sounded like there was a new breakdown in the middle. Purely Awesome.

Right in two: Only disappointment. Not because the song sucked because It kicks ass and it was a brilliant performance. I don’t mind not hearing The Pot because that will be played in the fall. I just don’t like how we missed out on Eon Blue Apocalypse/The Patient because I don’t know if that will be played on the fall tour and that’s the only song from Lateralus I have not heard live. We ended up losing a song by right in two playing.

Sober: Love MJK using the keyboard introduction and Danny using the gong. It was Beautiful.
The band sat on center stage for about two minutes. Crowd chanted Tool. Maynard says “You have to do better then boa-ties and jockstraps, we want bras and panties” “Fine we will play fucking longer”

Lateralus: One word: Amazing.

Maynard “Drive home safely and hopefully we will see you Late summer”

Vicarious: Way better live then studio. The studio version kicks ass but live takes it to a whole new level.

Ænema: One of the best Tool songs ever. The sky must have listened to MJK because it was pouring outside. You have to love Michigan Weather.

Anyway it was the best sounding concert I have been to. Tool confirmed there G.O.A.T (Greatest of all time) status. They threw pout water bottles, drumheads, picks, and drum sticks. Danny had a Clippers jersey on. Pistons lost I had to find out on the street from a homeless dude I was hoping he was fucked up but her was right they lost. It did not take away from my night though. Awesome. It’s 1:01 AM and im signing off. One thing though………………………..

“See you late summer”.
OFFLINE |