View Single Post
Luosdasa's Avatar Luosdasa
05-11-2006, 10:45 PM

I would not think of or repect Maynard any differently. On the one hand, i spose i Might think a little less of him should he place himself fully in one religion, to the point where he no longer questions anything suspect to do with said faith. But at the same time it would show that he was a humble enough person to renounce past ways in which he, imo, rather arogantly tried to force apon others (well maybe not force, but certainly attempt to influence while seeming to hold himself superior to others). That would offsett any respect lost due to blindly following any one religion.

But when it comes down to it... it doesnt really matter what i think of him, aslong as he keeps writing good and interesting lyrics.

And its not like he'd give a fuck one way or the other.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:45 PM   #26
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104
Re: If this song ended up meaning that Maynard was a Christian....

I would not think of or repect Maynard any differently. On the one hand, i spose i Might think a little less of him should he place himself fully in one religion, to the point where he no longer questions anything suspect to do with said faith. But at the same time it would show that he was a humble enough person to renounce past ways in which he, imo, rather arogantly tried to force apon others (well maybe not force, but certainly attempt to influence while seeming to hold himself superior to others). That would offsett any respect lost due to blindly following any one religion.

But when it comes down to it... it doesnt really matter what i think of him, aslong as he keeps writing good and interesting lyrics.

And its not like he'd give a fuck one way or the other.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote