View Single Post
NextChapter's Avatar NextChapter
05-11-2006, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeNash
Being Christian doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to this song. Some things exist no matter what you want to call them, no matter how you want to see them.

TOOL has never set itself against Christianity, just against the folks who dedicate themselves mindlessly to a dogmatic system that they don't understand. If you consciously decide to be celebate, for example, I believe that's admirable. If you're doing it because your book says so, that's another story.

Either way, I don't know how much of a joke April Fool's day was last year. There's a big difference between mindlessly worshipping an idol and aligning yourself with the proper spiritual currents to access the christ consciousness in the etheric.

In short, get a grip, and to quote Sir Dylan-

"Don't criticize what you can't understand"
. . .which makes this entire poll well, . . .pointless
It is this action being reborn by assets rightly earned which propels the thought to realize that all the gifts given, then taken, hath no need of rescue. They remain merely to be made by the hero who with new knowledge can forever remake anew.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:32 AM   #19
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1
Re: If this song ended up meaning that Maynard was a Christian....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeNash
Being Christian doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to this song. Some things exist no matter what you want to call them, no matter how you want to see them.

TOOL has never set itself against Christianity, just against the folks who dedicate themselves mindlessly to a dogmatic system that they don't understand. If you consciously decide to be celebate, for example, I believe that's admirable. If you're doing it because your book says so, that's another story.

Either way, I don't know how much of a joke April Fool's day was last year. There's a big difference between mindlessly worshipping an idol and aligning yourself with the proper spiritual currents to access the christ consciousness in the etheric.

In short, get a grip, and to quote Sir Dylan-

"Don't criticize what you can't understand"
. . .which makes this entire poll well, . . .pointless
It is this action being reborn by assets rightly earned which propels the thought to realize that all the gifts given, then taken, hath no need of rescue. They remain merely to be made by the hero who with new knowledge can forever remake anew.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote