View Single Post
bitter_enigma's Avatar bitter_enigma
05-10-2006, 03:35 AM

Wouldn't change my opinon at all...

I'm not even sure if I have an actual opinion on Maynard. I mean Maynard, the man, is not an 'issue' or an event. He is a person, who most of us don't know personally.

To say he must be a Christian because of these lyrics...
Firstly that's a very shallow and naive perspective on the lyrics.
And secondly, where do you start with Undertow? What sort of person is he based on those lyrics??

And besides, so what? If you're going to change your opinion of someone just like that based on the fact whether they're Christian or not then what kind of person does that make you?

This is a silly topic. It's just as well at this point that more than half the votes show that most people have some sense and can think for themselves.

:/
Old 05-10-2006, 03:35 AM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 23
Re: If this song ended up meaning that Maynard was a Christian....

Wouldn't change my opinon at all...

I'm not even sure if I have an actual opinion on Maynard. I mean Maynard, the man, is not an 'issue' or an event. He is a person, who most of us don't know personally.

To say he must be a Christian because of these lyrics...
Firstly that's a very shallow and naive perspective on the lyrics.
And secondly, where do you start with Undertow? What sort of person is he based on those lyrics??

And besides, so what? If you're going to change your opinion of someone just like that based on the fact whether they're Christian or not then what kind of person does that make you?

This is a silly topic. It's just as well at this point that more than half the votes show that most people have some sense and can think for themselves.

:/
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote