View Single Post
tool_fan's Avatar tool_fan
05-03-2006, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un coup de dés
it's a good example of "Music Concrete" and it's alot easier to listen to that most of that sort of music i've heard before. It's just meant to ease you out of that album, the real finale is Right in Two, Vigniti Tres just lets you clam down.

I'm too ignorant to know what this "music concrete" is, but at the end of an album, i Don't Want to be taken out of the state i've gotten into by some well-meaning attempt to ease me out. I prefer to hit a brick wall, as all i've just heard crashes in behind me in one mass effect; to be left saying "Wow, what a ride!!" not "gee, thanks for the gentle let-down, that was thoughtful of you."

Just preference, i guess.

I just ripped my CD to a Memorex cd-r so i can carry the album back and forth to work without messing up the nice jacket -- and i omitted Lipan Conjuring and Viginti Tres. One could argue that it's not the way the band meant the album to be heard, and maybe they'd be pissed off; but frankly, i'd just prefer to do without those two tracks.

Peace.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:46 PM   #24
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: poll: song, sound or shit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un coup de dés
it's a good example of "Music Concrete" and it's alot easier to listen to that most of that sort of music i've heard before. It's just meant to ease you out of that album, the real finale is Right in Two, Vigniti Tres just lets you clam down.

I'm too ignorant to know what this "music concrete" is, but at the end of an album, i Don't Want to be taken out of the state i've gotten into by some well-meaning attempt to ease me out. I prefer to hit a brick wall, as all i've just heard crashes in behind me in one mass effect; to be left saying "Wow, what a ride!!" not "gee, thanks for the gentle let-down, that was thoughtful of you."

Just preference, i guess.

I just ripped my CD to a Memorex cd-r so i can carry the album back and forth to work without messing up the nice jacket -- and i omitted Lipan Conjuring and Viginti Tres. One could argue that it's not the way the band meant the album to be heard, and maybe they'd be pissed off; but frankly, i'd just prefer to do without those two tracks.

Peace.