View Single Post
phunt's Avatar phunt
08-23-2007, 04:25 AM

Having seen this tour 3 times Id say last nights visuals were the best so far. The lasers were doing a lot more and made Wings even more special. Following that with the extended Lateralus with Herman Lee made for the best half hour of live set Ive ever seen. Other cool stuff such as Maynard getting a huge fan and throwing toilet paper over it - and Adam fashioning pigtails - was cool.

I was a little dissapointed by the setlist though. While I was pleased they played Wings, which they didnt the night before, I would have liked to hear a different song thrown in there.

I'd read they had been playing Pushit at times recently, and in sound checks, and would have fucking loved to hear it as it is my favourite Tool song. Every time a song finished I was wishing the next one to be Pushit. So that was a bit dissapointing.

Overall it was a great show, and all the band seemed to be into it and were expressive. Only downside was the lack of variation from the other shows, and especially the lack of Pushit.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:25 AM   #16
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 278
Re: 2007/08/22 - London, UK - Brixton Academy

Having seen this tour 3 times Id say last nights visuals were the best so far. The lasers were doing a lot more and made Wings even more special. Following that with the extended Lateralus with Herman Lee made for the best half hour of live set Ive ever seen. Other cool stuff such as Maynard getting a huge fan and throwing toilet paper over it - and Adam fashioning pigtails - was cool.

I was a little dissapointed by the setlist though. While I was pleased they played Wings, which they didnt the night before, I would have liked to hear a different song thrown in there.

I'd read they had been playing Pushit at times recently, and in sound checks, and would have fucking loved to hear it as it is my favourite Tool song. Every time a song finished I was wishing the next one to be Pushit. So that was a bit dissapointing.

Overall it was a great show, and all the band seemed to be into it and were expressive. Only downside was the lack of variation from the other shows, and especially the lack of Pushit.