View Single Post
Pablo's Avatar Pablo
08-22-2007, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PI Syndrome View Post
Ever get the feeling youve been ripped off?
It's quality not quantity - when will (many of you) people realise they're not a "human jukebox" they don't take requests and part of the reason many people like Tool is they do things on their own terms...so if they want to play 90 minutes, so be it...

My thoughts - I was there (15th Tool show?) and I really enjoyed it - I've been to loads worse gigs at Brixton, and of course we'd all like them to play a four hour set including everything else they didn't do on the night ('Eulogy' for me), but get real... maybe Maynard's still recovering from his throat infection and has to cut the sets down a little in order to get through 3 UK gigs back to back?

I couldn't see Danny and the bloke that wasn't in Russian Cicrcles from where I was stood so the drum off (although crap) maybe wasn't as painful to hear as it was to watch? : )

And closing with Aenima was (as someone else pointed out) an unexpected treat.

See you tonight...
Old 08-22-2007, 08:41 AM   #26
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/21 - London, UK - Brixton Academy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PI Syndrome View Post
Ever get the feeling youve been ripped off?
It's quality not quantity - when will (many of you) people realise they're not a "human jukebox" they don't take requests and part of the reason many people like Tool is they do things on their own terms...so if they want to play 90 minutes, so be it...

My thoughts - I was there (15th Tool show?) and I really enjoyed it - I've been to loads worse gigs at Brixton, and of course we'd all like them to play a four hour set including everything else they didn't do on the night ('Eulogy' for me), but get real... maybe Maynard's still recovering from his throat infection and has to cut the sets down a little in order to get through 3 UK gigs back to back?

I couldn't see Danny and the bloke that wasn't in Russian Cicrcles from where I was stood so the drum off (although crap) maybe wasn't as painful to hear as it was to watch? : )

And closing with Aenima was (as someone else pointed out) an unexpected treat.

See you tonight...
OFFLINE |