View Single Post
Right_In_Two24
08-22-2007, 02:29 AM

This was my second time seeing Tool live (1st was Wembley in November, which blew my mind). Last night was really good, however there was something about it that didn't match up to Wembley, maybe it was the short setlist or something but for some reason i wasn't as mesmerised this time around.

Jambi was the opener, the crowd were really into it, but in my opinion Stinkfist should always be the opening song (my 3rd fave behind Lateralus and Aenema). Stinkfist owned as usual. The drum solo by Danny during 46&2 was amazing, not my favourite song but that part was definitely a highlight for me. Schism was sped up, more monumental drumming from Danny. Rosetta Stoned was next, but no Lost Keys intro? I felt it wasn't complete without it. Flood came next, was the 2nd best song of the night, loved the effects on the screen. Then came Lateralus, first time I saw them play this at Wembley, it touched my soul. This time around it wasn't as amazing imo. The drum off halfway thru was awesome, well Danny's part was anyway, someone mentioned that the other drummer (who was NOT the Russian Circles drummer) looked like he won a competition and wasn't actually a drummer, I could have agreed with that, I think he spoilt it somewhat (I imagined a Haake-like performance of Triad equivalent of Lateralus when people were telling me of this drum-off but it was a real let down by the other drummer). Maynard said thanks for coming, and Vicarious hit, I heard they scrapped Aenema off the tour setlist so I expected this to be the closer, even though no Tool concert is complete without Aenema as a finisher. I was very surprised they played it, and because of that it was my favourite performance of the night, because it was one thing I DIDN'T predict! Only gripe was no Wings. Pushit would have been pretty special too.

Overall worth the money, but not as mindblowing as Wembley.

Peace...out

Last edited by Right_In_Two24; 08-22-2007 at 02:56 AM..
Old 08-22-2007, 02:29 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/21 - London, UK - Brixton Academy

This was my second time seeing Tool live (1st was Wembley in November, which blew my mind). Last night was really good, however there was something about it that didn't match up to Wembley, maybe it was the short setlist or something but for some reason i wasn't as mesmerised this time around.

Jambi was the opener, the crowd were really into it, but in my opinion Stinkfist should always be the opening song (my 3rd fave behind Lateralus and Aenema). Stinkfist owned as usual. The drum solo by Danny during 46&2 was amazing, not my favourite song but that part was definitely a highlight for me. Schism was sped up, more monumental drumming from Danny. Rosetta Stoned was next, but no Lost Keys intro? I felt it wasn't complete without it. Flood came next, was the 2nd best song of the night, loved the effects on the screen. Then came Lateralus, first time I saw them play this at Wembley, it touched my soul. This time around it wasn't as amazing imo. The drum off halfway thru was awesome, well Danny's part was anyway, someone mentioned that the other drummer (who was NOT the Russian Circles drummer) looked like he won a competition and wasn't actually a drummer, I could have agreed with that, I think he spoilt it somewhat (I imagined a Haake-like performance of Triad equivalent of Lateralus when people were telling me of this drum-off but it was a real let down by the other drummer). Maynard said thanks for coming, and Vicarious hit, I heard they scrapped Aenema off the tour setlist so I expected this to be the closer, even though no Tool concert is complete without Aenema as a finisher. I was very surprised they played it, and because of that it was my favourite performance of the night, because it was one thing I DIDN'T predict! Only gripe was no Wings. Pushit would have been pretty special too.

Overall worth the money, but not as mindblowing as Wembley.

Peace...out

Last edited by Right_In_Two24; 08-22-2007 at 02:56 AM..
OFFLINE |