View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 04:50 PM   #105
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/10/07 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum

WOW... this was my first Tool show, i have been waiting a long time. i missed the lateralus tour, so i was pumped when i got tickets to this one. i have to say this is the best live show i have EVER seen. Tool was just amazing. it's almost inhumane, the way they play together. I myself am a drummer and to remember all these odd time signatures and song arrangments alone would boggle my mind, but these guys pull it off like its easy. Adam Jones did mess up a couple times (i see others mentioned this too) i was so pysced about being there that i didnt even care. these guys could make 100 mistakes and still impress me. its amazing the way that they synced up the schism video with the live music (you know the fireball at the end that pulses with the drums)
Yes, the show did seem sorta short, but it wasnt really. thats what you get when you go to see a band whos song lengths average 10 minutes, they only have enough time and stamina to play so many songs, and they did 12! thats still pretty good and worth the money. my seats were in section 114 and the view was great. i dont see the point in paying the loads of cash for floor seats because these were just as good to me.
wings for marie-10,000 days was pretty long and not really a low point in the show but it could have been better.

Did i mention Danny Carey rules?
Isis was great, too. i didnt notice until later, but is Justin playing with them?
I wish that they played some older Opiate or Undertow songs. but i guess the older songs dont really fit in with the newer stuff, tool kinda took a different turn after Ænima, so i guess they have there reasons, along with just plain being tired of playing sober, prison sex, etc... those tracks are now 13 years old+ (!!)

Overall this show was great, and i think i'm gonna get tickets for the spring show, whenever they do go on sale. i dont even see the shows listed but maynard said they were coming back so i guess its a go.
Maybe next time i can drag my wife out to see them. she hates metal music but she wont listen when i tell her that tool is not really metal, but mostly hard rock, and actually very talented and very listenable, unlike some HEAVY death metally-bands that are out there.
OFFLINE |