View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 04:08 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 137
Re: 2007/01/21 - Gold Coast, AUS - Parklands

do i need to emphasize my satisfaction or can you just assume i enjoyed it more than any other set in any other big day out from the last 5 or 6.
varied Stinkfist was crowd fanatascising, made the pushing and shoving a little stupid, but i was far enough back that i had my space to dance and have a good time. The Pot was my least favourite part of their set, and that isn't that bad, i loved the pause that caused the crowd to sing past Maynard, and cause it's been so long since the Lateralus tour, there was heaps of youngen's that were seemingly there just for the new CD which i thought was laughable, but they were getting into it in the best possible way.

46 & 2, the one song i was hoping for more than any other, the crowd stopped moving so much, the song came through, i am pretty sure it was better than sex, average sex, but better than it none the less.
I thought that I was happy after that, but then they had the good nature to break into Jambi, almost equally impressive.
Schism, the crowd near me had no idea what had grabbed them and made them think twice, the song is awesome as it is, but then came the doubletime section, and i looked at the crowd, and eyes were aglaze, it seemed hard for them to grasp.

OPIATE extended version, i was near far too many young people, who weren't singing along, so me and a friend i hadn't seen since last years big day out tried to make up for them. I can't believe we got that song, i would have liked any of the three tracks off the new cd we missed, but to get Opiate was just an awesome surprise.
Sober got the crowd very involved all over again, the music was more elaborate and flowing and involved I think, thoroughly enjoyed. i am getting tired of writing so i will do the last 3 quickly
Lateralus deliciously absorbing
Vicarious (another youthful crowd pleaser)
Aenema killer of a kicker at the end, the crowd just went nuts and threw everything they had into it, not hurty and punch each other in the face throwing, but passionate and energetic perhaps.

I think it was before Jambi that Maynard said pretty much anything other than, we will be back later this year and that was, "We have some news and we have some bad news...
the good news is, there is no bad news, the crowd was happy with lots of good news in the set.

More complete BDO review in the reviews section