View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 06:35 AM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/01/21 - Gold Coast, AUS - Parklands

Geez...quick posters around here - setlist looks right to my brain at 20 past midnight.

I think a better performance this time around than the previous time I'd seen them at the entertainment centre on the Lateralus tour. Very happy to hear Forty Six &2, which was a ball-tearer of a version. 'Twas good to see all of the 10,000 days songs worked well live too, especially Vicarious. The band sounded very tight, with everyone on their game.

A shout-out to whoever was the random girl who used my shoulder as a balancing post for the first 25 minutes - you seemed to know the lyrics so at least you gave me someone to sing along with so I wasn't the only one in the pocket where I was standing.

The set followed nicely from Muse on the adjoining stage to finish the day with 2 highlights. The only thing that could have made it better would have been to remove some of the numbskulls that think seeing a concert should involve acting like a dick and trying to knock people over. Anyway, end rant there...

I hope the comment about returning later in the year means a tour that includes a dedicated Brisbane show. Alright, off to rest my weary legs.
OFFLINE |