View Single Post
Kaoticz
07-13-2006, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdoger
I liked this album from my very first listen. But it deffinatly has grown on me since then, and I have probably now listened to it close to 100 times. The one song that kind of bothered me at first was Intension. And now, I still don't like it as a single song a whole lot, but I think it fits well with the album, carries the flow of energy that seems to sustain throughout.
I'll never forget the leak of the album and downloading it and letting it sit on my computer for over 2 weeks wanting to listen to it. I held out to the retail came, and enjoyed every song fresh (except for coachella, where I heard Jambi and The Pot for the first time).

Intension is a great song. After the ride that Rosetta Stoned is, it fits perfectly on the album. It mellows you out and the "Lateralus" type adam riff in the middle of the song makes the experience that much better. If I had only one complaint about the song, it would be the Aphex Twin like synths near the end...they just arent my thing.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:20 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
Re: Songs on 10,000 days you couldnt stand, but now love

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdoger
I liked this album from my very first listen. But it deffinatly has grown on me since then, and I have probably now listened to it close to 100 times. The one song that kind of bothered me at first was Intension. And now, I still don't like it as a single song a whole lot, but I think it fits well with the album, carries the flow of energy that seems to sustain throughout.
I'll never forget the leak of the album and downloading it and letting it sit on my computer for over 2 weeks wanting to listen to it. I held out to the retail came, and enjoyed every song fresh (except for coachella, where I heard Jambi and The Pot for the first time).

Intension is a great song. After the ride that Rosetta Stoned is, it fits perfectly on the album. It mellows you out and the "Lateralus" type adam riff in the middle of the song makes the experience that much better. If I had only one complaint about the song, it would be the Aphex Twin like synths near the end...they just arent my thing.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote