View Single Post
Jar_Of_Flies
01-26-2012, 11:47 PM

Like others said, the sound was not the best, but it was not the worst. The venue itself really impressed me actually, it was neat, clean, and organized, I'd go back for another concert. I'm actually glad MJK didn't address the crowd and waste my time with crowd blather, I'm paying him to sing and for the rest of the band to perform songs, I don't care about their mannerisms. I can really side with the band for not being friendly, they're there to play, they see thousands of fans and I'm sure get a bunch of crazy people writing them letters everyday on how their music has changed their lives, it just must get old and overwhelming as time rolls on. A Tool show no matter what they play and how they perform is a special event, their visuals and style are literally second to none, the will always promote a soothing ambiance. Their new videos this time were awesome as always, same with the laser show and lighting effects. MJK always stands in the back and sings, I'm surprised this is news to people still, I think it shows respect for the Adam, Danny, and Justin, while not spiting the crowd. Let's face it, MJK is a weird guy, though talented, no one here should be surprised by any of his actions or words, he as fans will never understand him and vice versa. I think fans get this perplexed idea in their heads that Rockstars and celebrities are these great friendly people when in reality I wouldn't want to know or meet them out of sheer disappointment. People complain about the "short" set list, but you have to remember most of their songs are 8 minutes or more longer. This was the fifth time I've seen Tool and I think they always put on a great show, I have no regrets about this concert and feel privileged I had a chance to see them. There are always going to be pros and cons of every concert, this show had more pros than cons. Hell I'm even going to physically buy their next album at an overpriced big box store and pretend that it's 1995 all over again!

Last edited by Jar_Of_Flies; 01-26-2012 at 11:49 PM..
Old 01-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #26
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.24.2012 - Toledo, OH @ Huntington Centre

Like others said, the sound was not the best, but it was not the worst. The venue itself really impressed me actually, it was neat, clean, and organized, I'd go back for another concert. I'm actually glad MJK didn't address the crowd and waste my time with crowd blather, I'm paying him to sing and for the rest of the band to perform songs, I don't care about their mannerisms. I can really side with the band for not being friendly, they're there to play, they see thousands of fans and I'm sure get a bunch of crazy people writing them letters everyday on how their music has changed their lives, it just must get old and overwhelming as time rolls on. A Tool show no matter what they play and how they perform is a special event, their visuals and style are literally second to none, the will always promote a soothing ambiance. Their new videos this time were awesome as always, same with the laser show and lighting effects. MJK always stands in the back and sings, I'm surprised this is news to people still, I think it shows respect for the Adam, Danny, and Justin, while not spiting the crowd. Let's face it, MJK is a weird guy, though talented, no one here should be surprised by any of his actions or words, he as fans will never understand him and vice versa. I think fans get this perplexed idea in their heads that Rockstars and celebrities are these great friendly people when in reality I wouldn't want to know or meet them out of sheer disappointment. People complain about the "short" set list, but you have to remember most of their songs are 8 minutes or more longer. This was the fifth time I've seen Tool and I think they always put on a great show, I have no regrets about this concert and feel privileged I had a chance to see them. There are always going to be pros and cons of every concert, this show had more pros than cons. Hell I'm even going to physically buy their next album at an overpriced big box store and pretend that it's 1995 all over again!

Last edited by Jar_Of_Flies; 01-26-2012 at 11:49 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote