View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 07:28 PM   #2442
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz46&2 View Post
You won't see any spontaneity at festivals because they don't have a soundcheck beforehand, which is probably why people say that the sound for "Jambi" is always erratic. I would imagine that they just keep the same setlist so that the show can be tight and well played in the alloted timeframe. Still, even throwing "Sober" or "The Pot" in there every once in a while would be nice. It would at least show some effort.
Good point about the festival (non) soundcheck. And the band are perfectionists so it probably drives them bonkers knowing that the opening song is going to be a total waste. I have heard Jambi totally kick ass live but something has to go first at these festival shows.

You know, looking at the last 4 shows for Europe, they have done pretty much the same setlist (as expected). The one thing that drives me crazy is Schism! What is with the love for that song? I know it's a great tune and all. But I swear they have done that song every single show since Lateralus tour started. I guess they must really like playing it. I'm sick to hell of that one!
OFFLINE |