View Single Post
insaner's Avatar insaner
05-01-2007, 10:20 AM

ive been going to tool shows for 14 years and i have to say that they are as tight a band that has ever played right now. ive seen a couple of better shows (red rocks lateralus, 96 aenima atlanta and 98? lolla atlanta and bhah when it rained), but these are the only shows that were better than these two vegas shows. good to see maynard more out front and seemingly having a great time dancing, talking etc. i thought his vocals were spot on, and i understand these sets because i agree that it is now pretty much a proven fact that he has to save his voice in able to tour for another couple years. the crowds were, for the most part really good. i was floor justin side first night and tried to remain in my seats in 302 the second night, but im sorry, for me i have to be close so we had to sne4ak down to the floor. luckily i have the skills to get that done. props to all the dudes smoking down since i had to fly out and didnt bring my shit with me. especially mad propers goes out to my main man Joe Chronic (his hat even said thtat) and his never ending joint-a-thon on friday. everyone was cool with me dancing like an idiot and no one even made fun of my clothes, at least not to my face. i meant to buy some shit when i got out there, but kind of just got stuck in the flow and never got around to it so i was dressed like a dork. maybe you saw me, i was the big bro with the shirt draped over his shoulder both nights.

i dont see how yall can say the sound was good up top. it was decent to be that far away, but NOTHING compared to the floor. the view is way better on the floor also, but of course im really tall. ive decided that being on justins side is now my favorite, even though im a guitarist. justin is this bands secret weapon.

anyways, had a fuckign blast, met a ton of killer folks. shouts to justin from the cup flip league. hope you made it back safe. to the hotel i mean ;)

oh and to cap off this incredible weekend, i won so much gambling that i actually got paid for the trip. and i probably spent 1200 bucks or so in four days. vegas rules. i took a ton of pics of vegas if anyone wants. none of the show though.

heard a little story about maynard wheeling up in his lambo and hopping out and just tossing the keys to the valet. its good to be the king.

Last edited by insaner; 05-01-2007 at 10:24 AM..
Old 05-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #40
On Probation

Bincount™: 15
Re: 2007/04/28 Las Vegas, NV - The Pearl

ive been going to tool shows for 14 years and i have to say that they are as tight a band that has ever played right now. ive seen a couple of better shows (red rocks lateralus, 96 aenima atlanta and 98? lolla atlanta and bhah when it rained), but these are the only shows that were better than these two vegas shows. good to see maynard more out front and seemingly having a great time dancing, talking etc. i thought his vocals were spot on, and i understand these sets because i agree that it is now pretty much a proven fact that he has to save his voice in able to tour for another couple years. the crowds were, for the most part really good. i was floor justin side first night and tried to remain in my seats in 302 the second night, but im sorry, for me i have to be close so we had to sne4ak down to the floor. luckily i have the skills to get that done. props to all the dudes smoking down since i had to fly out and didnt bring my shit with me. especially mad propers goes out to my main man Joe Chronic (his hat even said thtat) and his never ending joint-a-thon on friday. everyone was cool with me dancing like an idiot and no one even made fun of my clothes, at least not to my face. i meant to buy some shit when i got out there, but kind of just got stuck in the flow and never got around to it so i was dressed like a dork. maybe you saw me, i was the big bro with the shirt draped over his shoulder both nights.

i dont see how yall can say the sound was good up top. it was decent to be that far away, but NOTHING compared to the floor. the view is way better on the floor also, but of course im really tall. ive decided that being on justins side is now my favorite, even though im a guitarist. justin is this bands secret weapon.

anyways, had a fuckign blast, met a ton of killer folks. shouts to justin from the cup flip league. hope you made it back safe. to the hotel i mean ;)

oh and to cap off this incredible weekend, i won so much gambling that i actually got paid for the trip. and i probably spent 1200 bucks or so in four days. vegas rules. i took a ton of pics of vegas if anyone wants. none of the show though.

heard a little story about maynard wheeling up in his lambo and hopping out and just tossing the keys to the valet. its good to be the king.

Last edited by insaner; 05-01-2007 at 10:24 AM..
OFFLINE |