View Single Post
Peanuts parents's Avatar Peanuts parents
04-30-2007, 12:10 AM

Jambi
Stinkfist (standard version both nights)
46&2
Schism (Extended Version)
Lost keys
Rosetta stoned
Swamp song

Wings
10k days
Lateralus (Extended with John from SOAD)
Vicarious
Aenema

Alright so last-night and friday were great shows what can I say it's Tool live. Saturday was for sure better then friday ,they were tighter just really together Maynard seemed to be in a good mood both nights but was definitely feeling it more on saturday and SWAMP SONG was nothing short of AMZING!!. Saturday was my 8th TOOL show, 5th this tour and my first time hearing it live just a great song done very smooth for not being a standard set-list song But would it hurt to mix it up a little ,so ok they did the same set-list both nights in the same ORDER they just switched sober for swamp song they had to know allot of people would be going both nights they could have at-least switched the order of the songs just to keep it different without doing much also I did notice Justin didn't put up his lighter the second night thats the first time this tour I've seen him not.

And as for john being there to cover for Danny thats bull-shit cause I have a bootleg of the last show they did in GREECE this tour and they did the same thing during lateralus with Mastodon only the guitarists for mastodon came out and played guitar solo's on top of there drummer and bassist coming to the stage to lend a hand.so the only coincidence I see here is that that's what they did the last show they played before these two. Every thing we are seeing now the stage, set-list everything is the same as the over seas shows were... I don't know Im just a-little bummed I was really hoping they were going to trade Rosetta for Right in Two the second night but all in all they were both very good show's not my faves ,actually I have yet to see one show this tour that has out done what they did the lateralus tour every show I saw in 01 and 02 blew me away the set-list were just amazing and Maynard put out so much more energy slam dancing every-were all painted up it seems like he just used to feel the music more... But O well I guess that was then. Well I still have Tucson next sunday Maybe after a day of stomping grapes maynard will be in a great mood and pull out some right in two.

Sorry if some people don't like what I wrote but its time to face facts they arrant doing things like they used too and I do blame Maynard for that he is just so caught up in pusifer and his winery he just doesn't put any time into singing his Tool song's. That dude that runs ToolBand even threw up that post

HBD... MJK

Enjoy, sir... maybe take a day off from the Puscifer thing. On second thought, why would you want to do that!.. Enjoy, sir...

He just cant sing the way he used to so there reduced to these standard set-lists he knows he can perform but still has a tough time every now and then he cant even finish vicarious himself thats the third or fouth time I have seen him skip that part as well as the la la la la la lie part.
And he shouldn't have to save his voice they have been a band for 16 plus years they only have 5 cd's and tour every four years. And he just had a 3 month break to warm up or do what ever he does so there no excuse other that he just cant do it anymore and as for Parabola he sucked at singing that song back in 01 & 02 (one of my faves live though) I have so much audio and video of his voice cracking in that song.

So you can hate on me if you want but its the truth so face it and so it is understood TOOL is more than just some band to me, there music and what they do changed my life and my aspects on life embracing there music was one of the best things I have done in life and its just sad to see it turn into what they talked so much shit about (being against the radio and MTv but then turning around and doing every radio hit they have for a set-list) Its just depressing when I start to think about everything but I will never give up on them or miss a show I can make it to. all in all if you an old-school TOOL fan don't go expecting too much as far as a set-list goes just except it and don't expect anything like the Aenema or the lateralus tour.

Last edited by Peanuts parents; 04-30-2007 at 04:22 PM..
Old 04-30-2007, 12:10 AM   #26
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/04/28 Las Vegas, NV - The Pearl

Jambi
Stinkfist (standard version both nights)
46&2
Schism (Extended Version)
Lost keys
Rosetta stoned
Swamp song

Wings
10k days
Lateralus (Extended with John from SOAD)
Vicarious
Aenema

Alright so last-night and friday were great shows what can I say it's Tool live. Saturday was for sure better then friday ,they were tighter just really together Maynard seemed to be in a good mood both nights but was definitely feeling it more on saturday and SWAMP SONG was nothing short of AMZING!!. Saturday was my 8th TOOL show, 5th this tour and my first time hearing it live just a great song done very smooth for not being a standard set-list song But would it hurt to mix it up a little ,so ok they did the same set-list both nights in the same ORDER they just switched sober for swamp song they had to know allot of people would be going both nights they could have at-least switched the order of the songs just to keep it different without doing much also I did notice Justin didn't put up his lighter the second night thats the first time this tour I've seen him not.

And as for john being there to cover for Danny thats bull-shit cause I have a bootleg of the last show they did in GREECE this tour and they did the same thing during lateralus with Mastodon only the guitarists for mastodon came out and played guitar solo's on top of there drummer and bassist coming to the stage to lend a hand.so the only coincidence I see here is that that's what they did the last show they played before these two. Every thing we are seeing now the stage, set-list everything is the same as the over seas shows were... I don't know Im just a-little bummed I was really hoping they were going to trade Rosetta for Right in Two the second night but all in all they were both very good show's not my faves ,actually I have yet to see one show this tour that has out done what they did the lateralus tour every show I saw in 01 and 02 blew me away the set-list were just amazing and Maynard put out so much more energy slam dancing every-were all painted up it seems like he just used to feel the music more... But O well I guess that was then. Well I still have Tucson next sunday Maybe after a day of stomping grapes maynard will be in a great mood and pull out some right in two.

Sorry if some people don't like what I wrote but its time to face facts they arrant doing things like they used too and I do blame Maynard for that he is just so caught up in pusifer and his winery he just doesn't put any time into singing his Tool song's. That dude that runs ToolBand even threw up that post

HBD... MJK

Enjoy, sir... maybe take a day off from the Puscifer thing. On second thought, why would you want to do that!.. Enjoy, sir...

He just cant sing the way he used to so there reduced to these standard set-lists he knows he can perform but still has a tough time every now and then he cant even finish vicarious himself thats the third or fouth time I have seen him skip that part as well as the la la la la la lie part.
And he shouldn't have to save his voice they have been a band for 16 plus years they only have 5 cd's and tour every four years. And he just had a 3 month break to warm up or do what ever he does so there no excuse other that he just cant do it anymore and as for Parabola he sucked at singing that song back in 01 & 02 (one of my faves live though) I have so much audio and video of his voice cracking in that song.

So you can hate on me if you want but its the truth so face it and so it is understood TOOL is more than just some band to me, there music and what they do changed my life and my aspects on life embracing there music was one of the best things I have done in life and its just sad to see it turn into what they talked so much shit about (being against the radio and MTv but then turning around and doing every radio hit they have for a set-list) Its just depressing when I start to think about everything but I will never give up on them or miss a show I can make it to. all in all if you an old-school TOOL fan don't go expecting too much as far as a set-list goes just except it and don't expect anything like the Aenema or the lateralus tour.

Last edited by Peanuts parents; 04-30-2007 at 04:22 PM..
OFFLINE |