View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 05:25 AM   #35
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/21 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena

Yo!
Just got back and I have to say whatever illness was floating around that little body of Maynard's must have been kicked out like the opening riffs of the Grudge...There should be no concerns by any of you future tour attendees how good the total TOOL package is gonna sound. These guys could play a 2 hour show without any vocals mixed in anyway. The boys sounded tight tonite. Must admit though I was somewhat dissappointed with the overall stage props as a whole. Now b4 you guys go all beserk on my ass let me say the projections on the stage floor were INFUCKINGCREDAMAZING. It was insane to see that going on with the sounds of TOOL assaulting my ears simoultaniously (sp? but I haven't slept sorry ;) ) It's just that after seeing the GINORMOUS Alex Grey backdrops of the past the Chrismas light setup in the background is a little underwhelming. I think I liked the rig-up with just the 4 larger screens in the back during the minitour show I saw in Chi-town better. Maybe it's just me. I know they are trying out new stuff but they have set a precedent and anything that comes after is going to at least have to be as good as the past if not better. Now if they were to incorporate the huge glowing backdrops of the past in association with the new projections on the floor and had a few more screens along the side I would probably just about bust a nut. Just a suggestion but fuck it your TOOL and you might as well go balls out! I do hope to catch them again a few more times before they go into hiding but 4 me I was just given the impression by my favorite band that they may be on the path 2 wrapping up a very beautiful and memorable career. I hope that's not the case but I wouldn't be too suprised if when these guys finally wrap up the tour sometime late next year we never hear from the members of TOOL musically speaking ever again. I must repeat that the band is sounding pretty damn good and the two new songs that were 1st for me 2 nite, the Pot and the Wings series (sure its 3 songs whatever) sounded great. I was lucky enough to catch Right in Two performed for the 1st time played live to a crowd in May and was a little bit sad that my buddies didn't get to hear that this evening. Anyway that completes my live experiences with 10000 Days and they do it just as good live as on the record. Enjoy the rest of the tour everybody. Don't get mad at my small criticisms but anybody who has seen these guys shredddddddd in the past should know what I'm talking about. Just for the good of the cause! Don't think its possible to sound any better though.
Peace
Schwann
OFFLINE |