View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 08:38 PM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/21 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena

Stinkfist
The pot
(some keyboard intro, sounded like the end of "Reflection")
46+2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Wings for Marie
10000 days
Encore:
Lateralus
(some sort of keyboardy thing, it was pretty cool)
Vicarious
Aenima

i have seen Tool now 4 times. 3 times during Lateralus & the show tonight. i can say without question this was my best Tool experience EVER. The visuals were like nothing i've ever seen & i have been to MANY concerts in my past... very Pink Floydish in my opinion. The Nationwide Area has a great staff & a wonderful building, not to mention great sound! Man when i saw them here back in '01 at Ohio State it SUCKED because their sound system is all bass... not tonight, great blend of everything.

i can't get over the lasers... they made the fog look like storm clouds, it was nuts! Screw everybody in Chicago who said the visuals were cheesy... you guys are ungreatful jerks who are too use to getting everything because of where you live. Down here we appreciate what we get & what we got tonight was one of the most fantastic shows any band has ever put on.

How about the crowd? My gosh, best concert crowd ever! Especially on Aenema the entire place was thrashing around in unison & screaming the lyrics at the top of their lungs... i've never seen anything like it.

Maynard was on it tonight, perfect performance... no missed lyrics, no missed notes. And ofcourse the band was spot on especially Danny who played a crazy break down in Schism.

The only draw back was that Maynard spoke very VERY little & was pretty much a dick to everyone... kinda seemed like he didn't want to be there. oh well. here's all i heard Maynard say:

Tool walks onto stage:

Round on both ends and high in the middle, pay attention stoners. (Stinkfist)

Before The Pot:

What the F*** happened here last election, c'mon. (The Pot)

Before Wings Part One he dedicated it to someone.

Before the encore Justin sat on stage & held a lighter up for a while, the arena filed suite, it was like a human Christmas Tree.

Before Lateralus Maynard said:

Goodnight... (pause for effect)... i double dog dare ya' to leave... (Lateralus)

Finally, before Aenema Maynard said:

See ya' in Cleveland.

He promply walked off stage after embracing his band members after the song. The others stuck around for a couple minutes & played with the screaming crowd.

Maynard wore his cowboy outfit (tight jeans, big belt buckle, ATF jacket, cowboy hat) he had the jacket & hat off most of the show showing his bare chest & mohawk hair. You could also see his scorpion tat on his back. Oddly enough he happened to have a black band around where he use to have the APC symbol. My friend thought it was for his ear monitor i however think it was to cover up the fact he was in a band he no longer is on good terms with.

ok i'm done.
OFFLINE |