The Pot
Forty-Six & Two
Jambi
Schism (extended)
Sober
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima

* Maynard wore again jeans, belt with a sparkling revolver-buckle (funny) & a cowboy hat. he incooperated this appereance with his usual twisted compulsions, which was definatly funny to look at. Adam did his thing while either looking into the audience (simple guitar parts), to this guitar (complex guitar parts) or to others to 'sync' (tool parts). Justin seemed to have really gotten into it. Although Danny kicked the best out of his drumkit, which looked smaller than usual btw, i think he did hold back a bit, not sure why. I've heard/seen him going 'stronger', for example during the extended Stinkfist part or the start of Sober. But he sure as hell did a better job than any other drummer on this festival ;)

* There were minor mistakes, but you couldn't even call them that. For example, one part of a song started earlier after the other than it does on the record. But hey, what do i know, maybe it was on purpose.

* They did only play a little over an hour. what a shame, because they didn't have the time for long, build-up songs like right in two or rosetta stoned. there wasn't even a pause between lateralus and vicarious.

* Like said before, the audience was the biggest disappointment. Moshpits spawned and vanished more or less randomly in the crowd, leaving a lot of fans struggling not to fall on the ground instead of enjoying the show. Crowdsurfers used every oppurtinity to destroy everyones experience but their own. I had to watch my back six times during lateralus alone, you can guess how much i could appreciate the song.

So, their show was great, the audience was bad and my personal concert experience was something in between. Maybe i should add that i was completly sober, because i had to drive afterwards ...

Well then, see you in November then?
OFFLINE |