Re: 2006/06/17 - Vienna, AUT - Nova Rock Festival

Ok, just came back from the show.

Setlist (I'm pretty sure it's correct):
----------------------------------
Stinkfist
The Pot
Forty-Six & Two
Jambi
Schism (but it was faster & heavier during the "Cold Silence..." part)
Sober (with a little intro-jam)
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenima
----------------------------------
Total playtime of about 1 hour.

This was my first Tool-show and I'm absolutely amazed. There were NO mistakes, no fuckups and even the 46&2 solo part was in time. The sound was really good for an open-air and you could hear every instrument.
Maynard did a great job, especially when he sang the intro to The Pot, which blew me away. I didn't think that he could do it live like on CD, but I was so wrong! He didn't really talk to the audience at all, only said something like "see you in november".
The highlight of the show definitely was Lateralus. It was so full of energy and the animations on the screens were incredible.
The weakest song was Jambi - at least in my opinion. I don't really like it on cd and I couldn't get into it live either. I mean, the talkbox-solo is great but that's it. The rest of the show totally kicked ass, and if I say totally, I MEAN totally.

There were only 2 problems that really pissed me off. First, Tool had to play AFTER FUCKING BLOODHOUND GANG and BEFORE EVEN MORE FUCKING GUNS & ROSES. I think you can guess the average age of the audience...
Second, Tool is an absolutely no-name-band in Austria. So there were approximately 200 hardcore fans who know the lyrics, let's say 2000 people who listened and enjoyed and about 30.000 people who didn't even know Tool and came for either FUCKING BLOODHOUND GANG or EVEN MORE FUCKING GUNS & ROSES.
But this way I had very, very... no really: veeery much space to bang my head and stood almost in the front row, about 10 meters away from the band :) .

Last edited by froschhund; 06-17-2006 at 03:51 PM..
OFFLINE |