View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 07:22 PM   #6678
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monko View Post
This might sound like a silly question to some of you: is it worth it to see Tool two nights in a row? I saw them once in the Lateralus tour, and twice in the 10,000 Days tour (although these two shows were exactly 1 year apart from each other). I already have tickets for Dallas, and some friends of a friend are driving to San Antonio to see the band and they invited me to the show. Is it worth it to drive an extra 3 hours to go to San Antonio to (maybe) see the same setlist as in Dallas, then sleep 4~5 hours, since I have to meet with a friend in Dallas that's arriving at 9 am (he will go to the Dallas show with me). What's the opinion of the posters here that go to multiple shows?
I considered going to SA (before I was invited by these kind guys) but given that I already had tickets for a much better venue (Dallas) and I heard that the sound in AT&T is not very good, I opted for the Dallas choice. Now, the guys that will attend the show in SA are not exactly rich, so they will go for the 28 bucks tickets (which are not that bad, they are the back of the arena but you have a full view of the stage, as opposed to seeing them in the upper bowl but at an angle). I will certainly sit next to them.
Considering this...what's your veredict?
If you can afford it, go to both.

End of discussion.