View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 01:52 PM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/12/16 - Athens, GRC - Olympic Fencing Hall

Question A: RUINING A CONCERT (AN ARTWORK) ISN'T AN ACT OF VANDALISM?
Question B: ARE THERE ANY LAWS ABOUT VANDALISM IN GREECE?
Question C: WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DISGRACEFUL CONCERT?

Since it was their first time in Greece, we were kind of anxious just to see them and to hell with the sound, the lights, the effects etc. But four days later, after having this unbelievable out-of-body experience with them, the fact that the sound was weak and the venue was any fan's worst nightmare makes me feel more angry than astonished by the gig.

They couldn't find any worse place to have this concert. We were thrown to a kind of a plane hangar on Athens old airport like animals, without visual contact with the band (the guy speaking is 188cm tall!), running from one side to the other to find a tolerable level of sound and match our expectations with the thing that's happening.
A total disgrace. We cheered on Mastodon so loud like we were sorry for this terrible joke we made them. Poor guys, they were so full of energy. They sure will make it high.

But Tool were just over any expectation. We knew the playlist, we knew what would happen and it happened just perfect. I got paranoid. What should I do now? I can't go to any concert after this. I found the end of music. Tool is the end of music as I know it. Shit! I am ruined. And so on. I am better now. It will pass.

They smashed our brains, getting help from the place's unstable structure; we thought it would be some kind of an earthquake there. God bless, Justin didn't make it. It was like 10,000 basses playing together. We learnt a few new kung-fu moves the times we managed to see what was happening on the stage.

Until Rosetta. After this, I do not remember anything. Something died inside of me. My common sense of music played live will never be the same. It was the best thing I've heard in my life and all the lives I've had before.
And, you know, I have a little confession to make. I was chosen to get the message and bring it to you all. Me, the chosen one. You believe me, don't you? Please believe what I'm saying. I can't breathe now. But this shit never happens to me. They chose me. But I forgot my pen.

Don't know Won't know

Last edited by Aurelio; 12-20-2006 at 01:55 PM..
OFFLINE |