View Single Post
mike09's Avatar mike09
05-22-2006, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMudd
Well, this could be a blessing. You hear the song as a whole, and appreciate the composition as one sound.

On the other hand I can understand your frustration. Maybe if you "trained" your ears to pick out the drums by listening to more drum solos (like Mike Portnoy or Neil Peart) you might have an easier time.

Most people have the hardest time hearing the Toms and Bass Drums as well as the Bass guitar. Usually people hear the snare, cymbals, guitar, and vocals easiest because they are all in the same frequency range as the human voice. (I know that info may be useless, but just thought I would throw it in there).
I never knew that. Pretty cool.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:18 PM   #222
Banned.

Bincount™: 664
Re: What is Wrong With My Ears...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMudd
Well, this could be a blessing. You hear the song as a whole, and appreciate the composition as one sound.

On the other hand I can understand your frustration. Maybe if you "trained" your ears to pick out the drums by listening to more drum solos (like Mike Portnoy or Neil Peart) you might have an easier time.

Most people have the hardest time hearing the Toms and Bass Drums as well as the Bass guitar. Usually people hear the snare, cymbals, guitar, and vocals easiest because they are all in the same frequency range as the human voice. (I know that info may be useless, but just thought I would throw it in there).
I never knew that. Pretty cool.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote