View Single Post
sodamlucky46's Avatar sodamlucky46
08-05-2009, 06:43 PM

This was my third Tool show and first since Ozzfest 98...The difference in performance from the Lola 97/Ozz 98 Tour and this tour is night and day. Danny,Justin and Adam were great as usual and the visual show is 1000 times better but the Maynard I remember NEVER stood still during a performance. He used to beall over the floor jamming like it was his last gig. I am grateful just to see Tool and the ONLY problem I have is with the sound guy...I have never heard a show that sounded worse. I was in th lower level dead center 104 ROW K. The acoustics should've been perfect there. All I heard was BASS, couldn't hear Danny, didn't hear Maynard after Jambi and barely coulf hear Adam. Where did they find the sound guy, it is nOT the Venue. I have seen shows there before and never heard something so pathetic as far a LIVE MIXING. Otherwise the set was amazing, experience even better and people unforgettable. I really hope Maynard decides to either hang it up or put 100% effort into the few months each decade he decides to spend on the road playing for us. I will never miss another Tool show and hope the next time I can hear the bands WHOLE and not just feedback and bass. I enjoyed the Tool Army gathering and the post party at teh Hotel was Amazing. The wait between bands was pathetic and extremely uncalled for but a bad live Tool show is better then 99% of other bands BEST LIVE SHOW.

Damn I miss those 97/98 shows...Hooker opener, swamp song, part of me, jerk off, H., Eulogy, Jimmy, Third Eye, Sober, OpiatePrison Sex, bottom etc...I am unsure I will EVER see a show, nevermind a set like that again. Long live live Tool .

ALSO: They are Playing the "Cover"...I heard it LOUD and clear and have video of it from the show...On The Run by Pink Floyd...When the pink, red and white lights were turning in circles the audio was Pink Floyds"oN the Run...simply amazing and the highlight for me.

Last edited by sodamlucky46; 08-05-2009 at 06:54 PM..
Old 08-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #73
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.02.09 - Manchester, NH @ Verizon Wireless Arena

This was my third Tool show and first since Ozzfest 98...The difference in performance from the Lola 97/Ozz 98 Tour and this tour is night and day. Danny,Justin and Adam were great as usual and the visual show is 1000 times better but the Maynard I remember NEVER stood still during a performance. He used to beall over the floor jamming like it was his last gig. I am grateful just to see Tool and the ONLY problem I have is with the sound guy...I have never heard a show that sounded worse. I was in th lower level dead center 104 ROW K. The acoustics should've been perfect there. All I heard was BASS, couldn't hear Danny, didn't hear Maynard after Jambi and barely coulf hear Adam. Where did they find the sound guy, it is nOT the Venue. I have seen shows there before and never heard something so pathetic as far a LIVE MIXING. Otherwise the set was amazing, experience even better and people unforgettable. I really hope Maynard decides to either hang it up or put 100% effort into the few months each decade he decides to spend on the road playing for us. I will never miss another Tool show and hope the next time I can hear the bands WHOLE and not just feedback and bass. I enjoyed the Tool Army gathering and the post party at teh Hotel was Amazing. The wait between bands was pathetic and extremely uncalled for but a bad live Tool show is better then 99% of other bands BEST LIVE SHOW.

Damn I miss those 97/98 shows...Hooker opener, swamp song, part of me, jerk off, H., Eulogy, Jimmy, Third Eye, Sober, OpiatePrison Sex, bottom etc...I am unsure I will EVER see a show, nevermind a set like that again. Long live live Tool .

ALSO: They are Playing the "Cover"...I heard it LOUD and clear and have video of it from the show...On The Run by Pink Floyd...When the pink, red and white lights were turning in circles the audio was Pink Floyds"oN the Run...simply amazing and the highlight for me.

Last edited by sodamlucky46; 08-05-2009 at 06:54 PM..
OFFLINE |